Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF Blu-ray Review: TETRO (dir. Francis Ford Coppola)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 09:01 AM

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,934 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 02:50 PM

Michael - I have thought this for a while, so let me now say it. You write your reviews as if it might be the last film you ever see - pouring your insight and appreciation over all elements of the film, from construct, to character, and from the myriad of talent to the mise-en-scène - thanks for sharing your passion for film with is through your excellent reviews...it is always a pleasure to read them!
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 19 2010 - 09:46 AM

My compliments to Michael Reuben on his fine reviews and especially on this review.

I sorely miss seeing Francis Ford Coppola movies on the big screen. Youth Without You and Tetro were hard for me to catch up with, but I'm glad he's still making films his way and I hope he will continue to do so. Coppola knows how to tell a story cinematically. He digs deeper, aims higher, and applies more craftsmanship than any of the "approved" directors who get the bug budgets and critic's support.

I'm buying this Blu-Ray.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,882 posts

Posted May 19 2010 - 11:37 AM

Came across this BD at J&R during release week and had been wondering about it since I hadn't seen/heard anything for it before.  Now I know why. Will probably give it a rent first before deciding whether I'll add it to my collection (tempting though it may be to just blindbuy it after reading this review [/url] Michael - I have thought this for a while, so let me now say it. You write your reviews as if it might be the last film you ever see - pouring your insight and appreciation over all elements of the film, from construct, to character, and from the myriad of talent to the mise-en-scène - thanks for sharing your passion for film with is through your excellent reviews...it is always a pleasure to read them! [/quote] Agreed.  Couldn't have said it better myself. _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users