Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

More of the Jetsons and other H-B cartoons on full season dvd sets

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   happyfa5

happyfa5

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 06:20 AM

Do you fellas want more complete full seasons DVD sets of Huckleberry Hound, The Smurfs, Quick Draw McGraw, The Jetsons, Jonny Quest, Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, Peter Potamus, Jabberjaw and Pac-Man along with DVD releases of Hanna-Barbera television films like, I Yabba-Dabba Do!, Rockin with Judy Jetson, Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby, Jonny's Golden Quest, The Good, the Bad and Huckleberry Hound, Jonny Quest and the Cyber Insects, Yogi's Great Escape, Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats, Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose, Christmas Comes to Pac-Land, Yogi's Ark Lark and more?

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 07:26 AM

Nice question!  I only hope someone from WHV reads the responses.

Simply put, I’d like full-season sets of every H-B property 1965 and prior! 

That especially means completing THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW and issuing QUICK DRAW McGRAW! 

Compilations, like the SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS collections are okay, as long as the double-dipping vs. previous releases is kept to an absolute minimum – as it was with SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS 1960s Volume Two.

Warner, for a while you were doing GREAT with this stuff – and then you slackened-off to nearly nothing.   I’d love to see you return to form!

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 09:27 AM

In a word, yes. I really don;t like those Saturday Morning type boxsets at all. Randomly picked episodes from different shows doesn;t do anything for me, I just don't want anything like that. I was really disappointed to think that it probably means we're never going to see full season sets of shows they have cherry picked for these sets. Like Marine Boy for instance.

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 944 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 09:29 AM

Yes. Absoltely, yes. I want to see Frankeinstein Jr, (full season), Harlem Globetrotters, etc.

James

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   Jim B.

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 03:25 PM

I believe Jetsons and Flintstones have already had complete series release on DVD, I do not buy cartoons but took a look at Huckleberry Hound for the nostalgia, I had watched it when I was about 4 years old, it was interesting for a few minutes. Maybe if you have infant children you might want these titles to let them watch, I cannot see anyone over maybe 5 or 6 years old being able to watch this stuff unless maybe they are retarded or learning disabled.

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   Jay*W

Jay*W

Second Unit

• 337 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 04:15 PM

Absolutely!  Still eagerly looking forward to the second half of the Jetsons '80s cartoons.

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   odious_m

odious_m

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 05:14 PM

What about 7 year olds? Some of them appreciate H-B, too.

Yeah, I'm learning disabled and retarded. So what? I really can't wait for a Quick Draw DVD release--I almost want it as much as Peyton Place.

How about you guys... happyfa5, Joe Tor1, Nebiroth, JamesSmith, Jay*W? Are you guys under 7 years old or are you mentally challenged like me?

Originally Posted by Jim B. 

I do not buy cartoons....

I cannot see anyone over maybe 5 or 6 years old being able to watch this stuff unless maybe they are retarded or learning disabled.

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,756 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 18 2010 - 01:56 AM

It's best not to feed the trolls but I do feel kind of bad for a person who is so desperate for any type of attention that they call someone "retarded" on a message board just so someone notices them.

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,861 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 02:15 AM

I want just about all H-B shows from prior to 1978 in complete season sets that haven't been released yet and there are alot of them yet to be released. Please no more complilation volumes just complete sets.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by odious_m 

How about you guys... happyfa5, Joe Tor1, Nebiroth, JamesSmith, Jay*W? Are you guys under 7 years old or are you mentally challenged like me?

Well, “Odie”, as long as you’re asking, I am decidedly over 7 and have been known to be “mentally challenged” by the New York Times Crossword and the continuity of LOST… but enough of demographics.

What I fail to understand is the mentality of someone who intrudes on what might be a fun and constructive discussion as “our special friend” has done.

If you don’t like something, be human enough to express it intelligently – or, better yet, simply ignore it rather than pathetically attempt to bring down those who do.

There are many threads in this forum on subjects, shows, or properties that I may not like.  I just IGNORE those threads!  What’s the point in being contemptuous just for the SAKE OF being contemptuous?  Does anyone need to be noticed by a bunch of total strangers as badly as that?  I sure have better things to do!

Even here in this thread, I feel that H-B produced very little of value between the second season of SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU and the first season of JOHNNY BRAVO – and if I intend to express such a negative opinion, I will do it as I’ve just done.  No name-calling and other schoolyard tactics!

Or, I might express it as I did in my previous post by simply showing a preference for all things “1965 and prior”, the period in which (in my own opinion – and nothing more) H-B did its best work.

It’s certainly not limited to this one poster.  It’s all over boards of this type, and something I truly despise about the Internet.

Oh yeah… I also want Peter Potamus, Ruff and Reddy, and Loopy De Loop!  …Not that I’ll ever get them!

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 684 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 04:05 AM

I would absolutely pick up more HB season sets or volumes from the 60's. I want the rest of the Huckleberry Hound Show and all of The Quick Draw McGraw Show. There are still some missing Yogi Bear cartoons, although maybe the rest of Huck would catch these. I would also like Ruff and Reddy, Wally Gator, Peter Potomus, Touche Turtle, Lippy the Lion, Frankenstein Jr., Breezly and Sneezly. Later series I would like released include the rest of the Sooby Doo Movies and the Jetsons. There may be more, these are just the ones that immediately come to mind. I am happy for the people who enjoy the Saturday morning box sets, at least WB is releasing something from this era, but these compilations don't work for me.

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 08:44 AM

While I've purchased the Saturday Morning sets because there is little other choice... I'd really like to have the rest of Scooby Doo/Richie Rich (vol 2 and vol 3) and if we're going to dream a little dream... I'd buy a properly re-assembled Scooby's All Star Laff-A-Lympics and Scooby's All Stars set too.   I really would like to see the cartoon block shows released as they were aired, not chopped up. Don't get me started on the Superman/Aquaman hour of Adventure and the like...

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   Midnight Mike

Midnight Mike

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 09:01 AM

I’ve written it before and I’ll gladly write it again. I would love complete series sets of: The Herculoids Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles The Banana Splits Quick Draw McGraw The Fantastic Four Secret Squirrel Shazzan Young Samson

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,408 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 11:30 AM

I would like to see the second spin off from the Flintsones.  The Flintsone Comedy Hour.  Pebbles and Bam Bam skits were taken from the series when Pebbles and Bam Bam were relesed to DVD.  I grew up watching the Flintstones.  I enjoyed watching the show when all of the episodes went into syndication in 1966 after being canceled by ABC.  My Grandpa and I watched the show together. I was so yong.  I have lots of fond memories of viewing the show.  I am afraid once Alan Reed died I could not accept the new voice for him.  I want the Comedy Hour for the reason it was the last of Alan Reed as Fred.

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted May 19 2010 - 09:04 AM

I would love to have all of the Abbott & Costello cartoons released.  That was a favorite of mine, thanks to a videocassette I owned in the 80's as a kid.  The Pac-Man cartoon would be another no-brainer, and as someone stated above, I'd love to own the Flintstones spin-offs. I was at first excited when I heard there would be a Saturday morning "80's" compilation available until I saw the episode list.  My excitement quickly turned to disappointment as all but 2 shows were familiar to me, which was odd as I grew up on Saturday morning cartoons in the 80's.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted May 19 2010 - 09:14 AM

I want the Fantastic Four but I heard there are rights issues with Marvel.
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 749 posts

Posted May 19 2010 - 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by odious_m 

I am 50 years old and have been a Huckleberry Hound fan since the day I was born and he is still my number one TV show, cartoon character and collectible.  My house is decorated in Huckleberry Hound.  Not having enough Huck stuff is what mentally challenges me.

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted May 21 2010 - 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jonathan_Clarke 

I want the Fantastic Four but I heard there are rights issues with Marvel.

The 1978 show is available from amazon in the uk, in region 2 if your player is region free.

http://www.amazon.co...D/dp/B0032JHM6Q

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts

Posted May 21 2010 - 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Collins 

I would like to see the second spin off from the Flintsones.  The Flintsone Comedy Hour.  Pebbles and Bam Bam skits were taken from the series when Pebbles and Bam Bam were relesed to DVD.

I'd like the Comedy hour set too!

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,437 posts

Posted May 22 2010 - 12:30 AM

I'd like to see the following: The Adventures of Gulliver The Adventures of Huck Finn Fantastic Four (1967) Sealab 2020

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes: 40,524    :biggrin:   ( 855 Series )  :biggrin:   Movies: 2,543 :biggrin:  Serials : 78 :B) (1201 Chapters) :B) Documentaries: 500 :B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users