Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: SE7EN (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,622 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 01:03 AM

A nerve-jangling thriller with a gut-wrenching climax!”

- Peter Travers, ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

SE7EN

THE SHOCKING THRILLER WITH A KILLER ENDING

DEBUTS ON BLU-RAY DISC™

SEPTEMBER 14

Burbank, Calif., May 17, 2010 – An absolute must see for Blu-ray™ fans, Se7en makes its highly anticipated Blu-ray debut on September 14, 2010. Presented by Warner Home Video, the gritty and visceral psychological thriller from New Line Productions© stars Brad Pitt (Inglourious BasterdsThe Curious Case of Benjamin Button), Morgan Freeman (InvictusThe Dark Knight), Gwyneth Paltrow (Iron Man 2) and Kevin Spacey (The Men Who Stare at Goats). Orders are due August 10, 2010. (Blu-ray Disc: $34.99 SRP)

David Fincher’s (The Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonZodiacFight Club) chilling directorial vision has been artfully remastered, boasting incredible sight and sound with earsplitting 7.1 audio. Enhanced content includes four different commentaries, an intriguing analysis of the opening credit sequence, frightening alternate endings, still galleries and much more.

The all new remastered feature, supervised by Director David Fincher, includes a bonus book with 32 pages of intense photography and production notes, insight into the making of Se7en and a special behind-the-scenes look at the alternate endings. The Blu-ray Book will also feature film trivia, cast bios and more.

About The Film

GLUTTONY. GREED. SLOTH. WRATH. PRIDE. LUST. ENVY. Two cops (Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman) track a brilliant and elusive killer who orchestrates a string of horrific murders, each kill targeting a practitioner of one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Gwyneth Paltrow also stars in this acclaimed thriller set in a dour, drizzly city sick with pain and blight.

David Fincher guides the action – physical, mental and spiritual – with a sure understanding of what terrifies us, right up to a stunning denouement that will rip the scar tissue off the most hardened soul.

Special Features:

1.Four commentaries featuring director David Fincher, actors Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman and other collaborators on the film

2.Additional/extended scenes

3.Alternate endings

4.Exploration of the opening title sequence from multiple video angles with various audio mixes and two commentary tracks

5.Production design and still photographs with commentaries

6.The Notebooks: Full motion video details “John Doe’s” writings

7.Theatrical trailer

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Director:

David Fincher

Cast:

Brad Pitt (Detective David Mills)

Morgan Freeman (Detective Lt. William Somerset)

Gwenyth Paltrow (Tracy Mills)

Kevin Spacey (John Doe)

Writer:

Andrew Kevin Walker

SE7EN

BLU-RAY BOOK

TRT: 127 minutes

MPAA Rating: R

Screen Aspect:

Product Language: English

Subtitles: English, Spanish

U.S. Street Date: September 14, 2010

Order Due Date: August 10, 2010

Cat#: 1000120652

UPC: 794043138423

Blu-ray Disc: $34.99 SRP

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs™ offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film. For more information: http://warnerblu.warnerbros.com/

About Warner Home Video 
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Cory S.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 03:17 AM

Um...yes, please!  Fincher's first masterpiece hits HD.

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves.  But, not the one it needs right now.  So, we'll hunt.  Because he can take.  Because, he's not a hero.  He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.  A DARK KNIGHT."

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,985 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted May 17 2010 - 03:29 AM

/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif  Anything David Fincher is a worthwhile addition to my film library.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 03:33 AM

Very cool indeed.

Brad Pitt at his best

Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   David Wilkins

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 04:30 AM

I love it, but... before too much cork popping, isn't this a New Line title? Here's to hoping that all goes well.

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,232 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 06:01 AM

I love it, but... before too much cork popping, isn't this a New Line title? Here's to hoping that all goes well.  

New Line was folded into WB a few years back.

STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,622 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 05:36 AM

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,761 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 06:33 AM

/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif  on not using a "big head" cover.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 07:03 AM

Without derailing the thread, I'm a little confused by this. Wasn't New Line a division of Warner from the start? By "folded into", does that mean that past New Line DVD titles will only carry the Warner brand on Blu-Ray? If that is true, why do some New Line Blu-Rays retain their distinction? The Austin Powers and Dark City titles come to mind.

Originally Posted by WillG 

New Line was folded into WB a few years back.

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Robertson 

Without derailing the thread, I'm a little confused by this. Wasn't New Line a division of Warner from the start? By "folded into", does that mean that past New Line DVD titles will only carry the Warner brand on Blu-Ray? If that is true, why do some New Line Blu-Rays retain their distinction? The Austin Powers and Dark City titles come to mind.

New Line was a separate company that was a wholly owned subsidiary of Warner. That meant that New Line had its own staff and ran its own business.

In 2008, Warner made the decision to shut down New Line as a separate company. They laid off just about everyone and took over all the business of New Line by creating a separate division within Warner. The New Line label still exists, and Warner controls it. It will continue to appear on various properties for a variety of reasons, some contractual, but most of them related to copyright.

I can't get more specific than that without seeing the corporate paperwork, and I haven't.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson

Second Unit

• 458 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 07:53 AM

Thanks for the info. This sounds very similar to the Sony/Fox/MGM arrangement.

Originally Posted by Michael Reuben 

New Line was a separate company that was a wholly owned subsidiary of Warner. That meant that New Line had its own staff and ran its own business.

In 2008, Warner made the decision to shut down New Line as a separate company. They laid off just about everyone and took over all the business of New Line by creating a separate division within Warner. The New Line label still exists, and Warner controls it. It will continue to appear on various properties for a variety of reasons, some contractual, but most of them related to copyright.

I can't get more specific than that without seeing the corporate paperwork, and I haven't.

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,305 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted May 18 2010 - 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Robertson 

Thanks for the info. This sounds very similar to the Sony/Fox/MGM arrangement.

Currently MGM is what New Line used to be - their own entity that is owned by other corporations, but autonomous in their business structure. New Line is no longer even this, as Warner makes all decisions in regards to home video releases and future projects. New Line is essentially now nothing more than a brand name, like Touchstone is for Disney.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted May 18 2010 - 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Carlo Medina 

/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif  on not using a "big head" cover.

Agreed. However, they should've went with New Line's notebook design (which, if my memory is correct, was Criterion's original idea). That red cover is one ugly mutha

RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos. 

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted May 18 2010 - 03:53 PM

GREAT news!  Been "lusting" for this "greedily" since I went blu, and especially since the Zodiac 2-disc set came out. I like the red cover, but I agree that the notebook design would have been great for this.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,583 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted May 18 2010 - 03:59 PM

I guess, for this one, I'll wait for the US release rather than the inexpensive (but rather bare-bones) Canadian version.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   mike caronia

mike caronia

Second Unit

• 415 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 05:07 PM

Ron, thanks for answering the question of what's in the box!

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   jplepage

jplepage

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted May 18 2010 - 10:46 PM

August 10. Marked in the calendar!.

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,341 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 19 2010 - 01:34 AM

^ You're about a month early. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif August 10 is just the order date.

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Ralphie_B

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted May 19 2010 - 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by mike caronia 

Ron, thanks for answering the question of what's in the box!

LOL

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts

Posted May 23 2010 - 12:30 PM

...and Kevin Spacey (The Men Who Stare at Goats).

Really?  That's his best known film?  /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif