Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Girl Turns Down Spielberg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   lvicious

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted May 12 2010 - 07:50 PM

I just thought that even though this could of have been a very emotional and touching movie by Steven.. the lone survivor..the girls answer was even more inspiring and incredible than any movie could portray in my opinion:

http://www.aolnews.c...elberg/19475219

"Nobody could act out the pain I felt in those moments."

'You see, god and I have a very special relationship: I don't do stupid things, he doesn't kill me."

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted May 14 2010 - 02:12 AM

I had just read about this yesterday too.  It reminded me of the great Peter Weir movie "Fearless", which sorely needs a Blu-Ray release (or at least a widescreen DVD release).

"I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIND!!!" - Barton Fink

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted May 19 2010 - 11:45 AM

I don't get it. Did she suffer brain damage in the crash?

If she didn't want the story told, why write about it?

Of course there's nothing preventing Spielberg from making the movie anyway with a few details changed. Wonder how she would like that, not getting any payment or credit for her story.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted May 20 2010 - 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood 

Of course there's nothing preventing Spielberg from making the movie anyway with a few details changed. Wonder how she would like that, not getting any payment or credit for her story.

I'm thinking that she figures she would be overwhelmed with attention when the movie comes out, and she's already had enough and wants to move on.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,710 posts

Posted May 22 2010 - 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood 

Maybe the book was her way of dealing with the losses and fear that she suffered: a cathartic release. It was a method that allowed her to put the experience behind her and move on. Maybe to her, having a movie made will just bring up an episode in her life that she has put behind her. 

"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."