What's new

The "Shout Select" internet exclusives thread. (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm surprised no one has started a thread about these yet.

Anyway, most of the people here know Shout is now releasing some shows direct to the consumer through their website. The long-awaited Ironside S3 and The Bill Cosby Show S2 made it out this way, as did a Goldbergs box set, Mr. Belvedere s4, and others.

Now, Shout has two new shows up on their site for June releases...

Swamp Thing volume 3

Small Wonder season 2

The other day, TV Shows on DVD mentioned in their Swamp Thing Article ( http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Swamp-Thing-Volume-3/13725 ) that Shout had shows coming through this online exclusive program that were previously available at the retail level, and now Small Wonder pops up on their website.

So, I guess if anyone wants to talk about the releases already out there, or speculate on what's going online exclusive next, here's the thread to do it.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Previously available" raises the question of whether we are talking about shows only Shout! made avaialble at retail or are we talking about abandoned by other company titles that Shout! picks up only for this medium.

If the latter, then I would hope for the last three of the 2005 Universal "one and done" titles that haven't gotten a second release anywhere: "McCloud", "McMillan And Wife" and "Kojak."

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Jack P

"Previously available" raises the question of whether we are talking about shows only Shout! made avaialble at retail or are we talking about abandoned by other company titles that Shout! picks up only for this medium.

If the latter, then I would hope for the last three of the 2005 Universal "one and done" titles that haven't gotten a second release anywhere: "McCloud", "McMillan And Wife" and "Kojak."

I wouldn't think they would shunt a series previously released by another company direct to online sales without trying it out at the retail level first.

With only a couple of exceptions, all of the series that are online exclusive were tried out in stores first. And every series Shout has picked up so far has gotten a retail try-out first... even if it becomes an online exclusive with the second release, as has happened to Small Wonder.

As for what I expect to be online only at some point... I'm not sure if Adam-12, Father Knows Best, or Rhoda will make it to the end of their runs without becoming exclusives... but I hope so. All three series are within a couple sets of being completed.

And there will hopefully be more Ironside, Room 222, Mr. Belvedere, and Small Wonder coming in the future.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Its nice that they are picking up shows that Sony and Universal abandoned. I would love for them to go after Baretta from Universal and from Sony, Family, Police Woman, SWAT, The Rookies, Flying Nun, Here Come the Brides would all be great. Also, Bridget Loves Bernie which Sony prepped for a release about 4 or 5 years ago and never put out.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Hopefully, It Takes A Thief and the rest of Room 222 will eventually come to pass through the Shout! House!!!!

And the other Cosby season and S2-3 of Ironside are already under the tree for XMAS!!!!!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man ) that Shout had shows coming through this online exclusive program that were previously available at the retail level, and now Small Wonder pops up on their website.

So, I guess if anyone wants to talk about the releases already out there, or speculate on what's going online exclusive next, here's the thread to do it.

I think this is a fantastic idea and wish other studios will follow their lead(yeah right).

I will get the Swamp Thing, and COPS(animated series) vol. 2.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
I bought IRONSIDE Season 3 – and I say more power to them, if they choose to do it this way. I’ll be there for IRONSIDE Season 4, should they decide to release that! And, I can always dream about Shout! assuming VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Season 4 Volume 2 from FOX! That's more than a year overdue.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for news regarding Peyton Place: will Fox lease more shows to Shout! Factory, or will they start releasing episodes by themselves? A year ago, the DVDs were released with great fanfare and good sales, but for some reason Fox has yet to give access to more episodes from its vautls.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If "Ironside" could get to the end of the Barbara Anderson era, that would be more than satisfactory for me. I have nothing against Elizabeth Baur, but the show IMO became less enjoyable in later years, especially because it was always still a late 60s show that just IMO didn't look as good in its ability to change with the times. In the late 60s, the studio bound sets and limited location footage could still be effective, but come the mid-70s not so as so many other shows were by then on location (especially "Streets Of San Francisco" set in the same locale). Also, I have to admit, that the less dated fashions and hair of the late 60s (especially in regard to Mark Sanger's pre-Lamont Sanford look) make those episodes more timely and enjoyable than those from 73-74 etc. (Plus, I don't like the change in the music theme arrangement that started in S5 as well).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I wasn't quick enough to post this news. Never mind. I'll post this news in one of the Simon & Simon threads with the most replies.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
If you haven't already, pick up Season 4 of Mr. Belvdere right now. If sales don't pick up than we will not be getting Seasons 5 & 6 on DVD. It is not available in stores but you can buy it online.

Purchase from Shout directly: http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257099

Purchase from Shout's official seller on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1603993428/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1278475350&sr=8-3&condition=new

If you don't have a credit card, purchase a Visa gift card at a store and use that to make your purchase.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick=Ma

If you haven't already, pick up Season 4 of Mr. Belvdere right now. If sales don't pick up than we will not be getting Seasons 5 & 6 on DVD.

Has Shout said this specifically? Are the sales of S4 so poor that the show might be in danger? The only reason I ask is because a year ago when Shout did that polling where they asked the fans which shows should continue on DVD I think I remember Mr. Belvedere doing the best (along with Paper Chase and Peyton Place). I just find it interesting that the show that supposedly had all these fans isn't doing well. Father Knows Best came in near the bottom on that poll yet it apparently is still doing well enough to merit a Season 5 release in the Fall. Of course, I contended at the time that that particular Shout poll had been hijacked and spammed by a few zealous fan groups. It's a contention I still believe to this day (not that it apparently matters now - what's being released and not being released by Shout speaks for itself).

Gary "I'll buy S5 of FKB even if it is a Shout Exclusive - but I hope it's a general release instead" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by Tina_H_V

Hopefully, It Takes A Thief and the rest of Room 222 will eventually come to pass through the Shout! House!!!!

And the other Cosby season and S2-3 of Ironside are already under the tree for XMAS!!!!!

Wolud be great if they could get that other Robert Wagner thief show Switch (1975-78) also, it's Universal.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
According to a post over on Shout Factory's Community Forum Brian Ward kind of eluded to the news that RHODA season 4 would be released later this year but as a Shout Factory Direct title, and possibly amazon.com. Hopefully Sales aren't too bad for the show we only have two season to go for a complete series. (I would pay a lot to have the First Season re-issued though)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks