Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater PC to A/V Receiver issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   thors007

thors007

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted May 07 2010 - 03:07 PM

I have an Asus Essentio PC with intel GMA X3500 onboard graphics (HDMI) and i am trying to hook this up to my Pioneer VSX - 1018AH-K A/V Receiver. I am getting a cycling screen from blank to fuzz(snow) to windows login and back. The end of my Pioneer is an Optima projector. I have updated the graphic drivers on the Asus, i have hooked the Asus up directly to the projector via HDMI and there were no issues. My question is do i need ot purchase a HDMI switch or is there a setting i am missing. If i need ot purchase a HDMI switch can someone reccomend one with IR remote capabilies.

Trevor

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 08 2010 - 02:14 AM

Hi Trevor, and welcome to the Home Theater Forum,

You may not have noticed it among all the sections, but we do have an area specifically for Computer and HTPC questions.  I think you'll have a better chance of getting help from the folks how hang out there than in the beginners area, so I'm moving your post.  A link will remain in "Beginners" for the next 30 days to direct members to the threads new location.

Again, welcome -

Joe

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 578 posts

Posted May 09 2010 - 06:59 AM

It seems like your Pioneer is having some HDCP handshake issues with your ASUS card - is the card HDCP compliant?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   thors007

thors007

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted May 09 2010 - 02:00 PM

Phil, the graphics are onboard the asus essentio. the graphics chip Intel GMA X3500 has this in its specs "COPP/PMP w/ HDCP".