What's new

JP3... it ain't there!!! (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Had the lites all dimmed...the pop corn, popped...the couch all comfy....and carefully cut through the three security seals, lifted the paper work...You know...for the free disc, etc...and NO DISC!!!!no JP3 in the case...darn!!!!
Unfortunately, this was a mail order...do you think they will believe me when i tell them...gheese...i wonder how long it will take fore a replacement?
:angry:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Have you ordered many DVDs from this place before? If you have, that might help your case. If that doesn't work, I guess you could write a nice letter to the studio thoroughly explaining what happened.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
What has the store to gain by NOT believing you? You tell them, they send you a replacement and a mailing label - you return yours and they send it back to the studio.

If the store doesn't take your word and doesn't help you, I'd avoid using them in the future.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I had that problem twice before. One was for Cannibal Holocaust and there was no disc and no shrink wrap! I emailed the contact guy at the online company I ordered it from and he sent me my disc ASAP! Also, I ordered the COSMOS box set from another online company and it was missing the last disc. Again, I contacted them via email and I practically had the dvd before I got off the phone. I don't think you'll have any problems getting a replacement disc.

By the way here were the two online companies:

LMV.com

DVDplanet.com

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
...as a follow up....as soon as i placed the call decribing the problem, the were ready to mail a disc to me...i have been doing business with them since 1980...when i purchased my first laser discs.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Slightly O/T. Has anyone brought a box set and discovered that one of the disks was bad? Wouldn't that be a mess sending them all back, especially if the singles were not available?

Glenn

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
It's almost like getting ready for the S-E-X and finding out that there's no one else under you...
You know if it ever got to that stage, something gonna get laid. ;).
Depending on the company, a kind and polite voice with the truth (the truth is always the same) usually gets positive results.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That would never happen to me and i'll tell you why, I can tell by...
#1. The weight. For some strange reason I have a very unique ability to tell if their is a disc inside the case by the weight.
#2. The sound. If you slightly shake a dvd case, you can kinda hear the disc shifting on it's hub inside.
I would have known it was empty before ever opening it.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
This has happened to me once before too -- I took the empty case back to Best Buy, where they looked at me skeptically for a moment, but did let me exchange it for another one.

Users who are viewing this thread