Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

JP3... it ain't there!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 05:40 PM

Had the lites all dimmed...the pop corn, popped...the couch all comfy....and carefully cut through the three security seals, lifted the paper work...You know...for the free disc, etc...and NO DISC!!!!no JP3 in the case...darn!!!!

Unfortunately, this was a mail order...do you think they will believe me when i tell them...gheese...i wonder how long it will take fore a replacement?

Posted Image

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 06:54 PM

yikes!! gonna be tough to prove u never got it Posted Image
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 08:29 PM

Bob -

They'll never believe you...You are a pretty shady character.

Posted Image

Regards,

Lee

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,307 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 09:37 PM

Have you ordered many DVDs from this place before? If you have, that might help your case. If that doesn't work, I guess you could write a nice letter to the studio thoroughly explaining what happened.

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 09:42 PM

It's almost like getting ready for the S-E-X and finding out that there's no one else under you... Posted Image

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 10:27 PM

What has the store to gain by NOT believing you? You tell them, they send you a replacement and a mailing label - you return yours and they send it back to the studio. If the store doesn't take your word and doesn't help you, I'd avoid using them in the future.

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Brad_W

Brad_W

Screenwriter

• 1,361 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 02:01 AM

I had that problem twice before. One was for Cannibal Holocaust and there was no disc and no shrink wrap! I emailed the contact guy at the online company I ordered it from and he sent me my disc ASAP! Also, I ordered the COSMOS box set from another online company and it was missing the last disc. Again, I contacted them via email and I practically had the dvd before I got off the phone. I don't think you'll have any problems getting a replacement disc. By the way here were the two online companies: LMV.com DVDplanet.com

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 04:26 PM

...as a follow up....as soon as i placed the call decribing the problem, the were ready to mail a disc to me...i have been doing business with them since 1980...when i purchased my first laser discs.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Bryant Trew

Bryant Trew

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 04:36 PM

Reason number 1001 not to buy JP3.
Matrix Reloaded isn't deep at all. It's a simple, rehashed concept dressed up in fancy words and designer outfits...

Real World: "I'm hungry as hell, so I'm going to run my ass down to Micky D's to get me a burger and fries."

Matrix 2: "I need sustenance, ergo, move I shall expeditiously...

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 04:38 PM

[quote]

It's almost like getting ready for the S-E-X and finding out that there's no one else under you...

[quote]

Posted Image

Peace Out~Posted Image
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   John Geelan

John Geelan

Screenwriter

• 1,092 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 04:38 PM

very strange indeed!
JohnG

(Proud Home Theater Forum Donor)

Sony KDS-R50XBR1 (SXRD)Denon AVR3806/ DVD3910Toshiba HD-DVD XA2/ Sony PS3Onix Rockets RS550MKIIsSVS 25-31CS subwoofer

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 05:51 PM

Slightly O/T. Has anyone brought a box set and discovered that one of the disks was bad? Wouldn't that be a mess sending them all back, especially if the singles were not available? Glenn

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

Supporting Actor

• 676 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 05:55 PM

[quote]

It's almost like getting ready for the S-E-X and finding out that there's no one else under you...

[quote]
If she's on top, then I would hope nobody else is under me...

Regards,

DAn

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted December 14 2001 - 05:43 AM

[quote]

[quote]

You know if it ever got to that stage, something gonna get laid. Posted Image.

Depending on the company, a kind and polite voice with the truth (the truth is always the same) usually gets positive results.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted December 14 2001 - 05:56 AM

That would never happen to me and i'll tell you why, I can tell by... #1. The weight. For some strange reason I have a very unique ability to tell if their is a disc inside the case by the weight. #2. The sound. If you slightly shake a dvd case, you can kinda hear the disc shifting on it's hub inside. I would have known it was empty before ever opening it.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor

• 791 posts

Posted December 14 2001 - 06:03 AM

This has happened to me once before too -- I took the empty case back to Best Buy, where they looked at me skeptically for a moment, but did let me exchange it for another one.
Home Theater Addict

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users