Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Friday Night Lights - Season 4 - NBC (No DirecTV spoilers)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,127 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 06 2010 - 08:48 AM

Friday Night Lights begins its NBC run tomorrow.  I don't think I'll watch again, since I watched in the winter, but I'll be interested to read your comments.

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Gwon Chang

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted May 07 2010 - 06:45 PM

Just watched the first episode after watching last season's finale. Wow. I really missed this show! So glad it's back! Coach T is the best.
music
words

what star wars is to the fanboys, the fedora is to me.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,127 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 07 2010 - 07:58 PM

Was there a scene where Coach talked to Mike Leach at a gas station about "finding your inner pirate?"  I assumed after it aired on DirecTV that that scene would be cut for the NBC broadcast--especially after Leach was fired from Tech.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Louis C

Louis C

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted May 08 2010 - 11:41 AM

I loved that whole fight scene with Landry, and then coach yelling at the malcontents to get the hell out. Then there was Tami and the petty coin toss fix. Riggins quitting college.  The fight at the pool party. Wow. Quite a season opener. This show is still outstanding - no sign of decline in writing, acting, or production values. .

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,712 posts

Posted May 17 2010 - 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H 

Was there a scene where Coach talked to Mike Leach at a gas station about "finding your inner pirate?"  I assumed after it aired on DirecTV that that scene would be cut for the NBC broadcast--especially after Leach was fired from Tech.

Yes, the weird "finding your inner pirate" scene was broadcast on NBC in the second episode.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,127 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted May 17 2010 - 06:11 AM

Thanks.  I'd been wondering if they'd show that for months now!

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted May 20 2010 - 05:48 AM

Anyone know what field they shoot at for East Dillon? I think I know where they go for the original Dillon High.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   JanuaryMan

JanuaryMan

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted July 30 2010 - 01:19 PM

I"m so glad I got back into this show. Derek Phillips (Billy) and Michael B. Jordan (Vince) were particularly strong tonight. Anyone know what that song was at the end?

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,919 posts

Posted August 03 2010 - 05:56 AM

Sad that this is the final episode of the season this coming Friday, 8/6.  I will be curious as to how much gets resolved in this episode and how much will be left to be continued next season.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,712 posts

Posted August 04 2010 - 05:46 AM

Such a short season, but better than nothing. Everything is really hitting the fan leading into the finale.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,712 posts

Posted August 15 2010 - 09:59 AM

It seems that most of the plotlines for the season were resolved in the finale.  I was disappointed that Luke Cafferty didn't have a heart to heart talk with his mother to at least try again to convince her to stop her crusade after Tami.   One more season to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users