What's new

Need Help With My EQ Settings!!! (1 Viewer)

robert88

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I want to make sure i have this adjusted right with my satellites. The center speaker has (4) 3-5/8" woofers with a 7/8" tweeter. The fronts and surrounds have (2) 3-5/8" woofers with a 7/8" tweeter. All speakers have a response of 80Hz-20kHz. Can someone help me out and tell if these settings sound good and if not what should i have them set at? My EQ settings are the following...
surround treble 2.5 kHz (receiver goes from 1.0 kHz to 10 kHz)surround bass 250 Hz (receiver goes from 99 Hz to 1.0 kHz)center treble 2.5 kHz (receiver goes from 1.0 kHz to 10 kHz)center mid 1.0 kHz (receiver goes from 198 Hz to 10 kHz)center bass 2.5 kHz (receiver goes from 99 Hz to 1.0 kHz)front treble 2.5 kHz (receiver goes from 1.0 kHz to 10 kHz)front mid 1.0 kHz (receiver goes from 198 Hz to 10 kHz)front bass 250 Hz (receiver goes from 99Hz to 1.0 kHz)
progress.gif

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Every speaker, receiver, room combination will yield different results. We can't suggest anything by reading specs. You need to use either the auto calibration on your receiver or use some type of measuring equipment like a real time analyzer (RTA).

robert88

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
If i increase the treble from 2.5 kHz to say 5.3 kHz will that help out with the treble some? If i blast the system it really does sounds fantastic with treble etc. Unfortunately i can't go that loud because the living room is not real big. It is just a average size room. I also noticed when i changed my speaker crossover from 80 Hz to 120 Hz it made the speakers sound better at higher volumes. I noticed when i really crank it i lose 99% of the distortion and they sound awesome. It is just too loud for this room. My volume goes from 0-50 and 25-26 is loud in this room. When i turned the volume to say around 30 the speakers sounded better with the 120 Hz crossover. Any suggestions with the speaker crossover settings for a lower volume? The 120 Hz crossover has more distortion at a lower volume especially out of the center channel. The scene i was listening to for distortion was Jurassic Park 3 in DTS. The T-Rex has a real bright roar when they stumble upon him while he is eating. When the volume is at 29 or 30 it clears up that scratchy static on that high pitched roar. The center does have more mid range because it has 4 woofers instead of 2 like the mains and surrounds.
progress.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks