Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Elektra: Director's Cut

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,352 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 05 2010 - 02:03 PM

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted May 05 2010 - 07:37 PM

I picked this up and am looking very forward to watching it, thanks for the review Matt! It's a favorite of mine.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Holer

Holer

Stunt Coordinator

• 233 posts

Posted May 09 2010 - 03:32 PM

I watched it today and thought it really held up well.. Your review is very typical of others in the webisphere and I'm not sure exactly what people expect here. This is a fun, stylish, action packed comic book movie that is well made and well acted. Jen Garner really holds her own as a super hero/assassin and the Blu-ray is gorgeous  and adds to the surreal fantasy feel of the film. Maybe this is one of those movies that only a small number of fans will champion and it will have to rely on cult status and word-of-mouth to get beyond the perception that it's just not that great. For fans of the genre, I personally think its a winner.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   jplepage

jplepage

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted May 11 2010 - 10:11 PM

Not the greatest comic book adaptation but since Audio and Video are reference, it might be worth a try...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted May 12 2010 - 02:52 AM

Well said, and I agree. Bought it the day it streeted and it looks and sounds fantastic.

Originally Posted by Holer 

I watched it today and thought it really held up well.. Your review is very typical of others in the webisphere and I'm not sure exactly what people expect here. This is a fun, stylish, action packed comic book movie that is well made and well acted. Jen Garner really holds her own as a super hero/assassin and the Blu-ray is gorgeous  and adds to the surreal fantasy feel of the film. Maybe this is one of those movies that only a small number of fans will champion and it will have to rely on cult status and word-of-mouth to get beyond the perception that it's just not that great. For fans of the genre, I personally think its a winner.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users