What's new

The Stone Killer 1973 Charles Bronson and Shamus 1973 Burt Reynolds (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know if Sony plans on releasing The Stone Killer 1973 Charles Bronson on DVD in the United States in 2010? Is there a rights hold-up? Any information is appeciated.

Also will Sony release Shamus 1973 Burt Reynolds in anamorphic widescreen in 2010?

Thanks for all help!

Robert

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Perry
Shamus has a poor transfer and it is not released in it's original aspect ratio.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I know The Stone Killer was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, getting a 15 certificate. However, it isn't yet available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Originally Posted by WaveCrest ">[/url]

I know The Stone Killer was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, getting a 15 certificate. However, it isn't yet available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.[/QUOTE]I think it's exclusive to Moviemail for the moment. They certainly have it up for sale

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Many thanks. I've found as well on there another Sony film title which was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, a Lee Remick film called Experiment in Terror.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Many thanks. I've found as well on there another Sony film title which was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, a Lee Remick film called Experiment in Terror.
That's been out in Region 1 for ages. It's a very good suspense movie, starring Glenn Ford and directed by Blake Edwards. The main title theme by Henry Mancini is played in the movie at a slightly slower tempo than on the soundtrack album. The slower tempo makes the music much more eerie and sinister.

The Region 1 DVD has very good picture quality.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Originally Posted by Robin9

Quote:

That's been out in Region 1 for ages. It's a very good suspense movie, starring Glenn Ford and directed by Blake Edwards. The main title theme by Henry Mancini is played in the movie at a slightly slower tempo than on the soundtrack album. The slower tempo makes the music much more eerie and sinister.

The Region 1 DVD has very good picture quality.

Yes it's a fine movie with a fine transfer indeed, but the Region 1 Experiment in Terror has been OOP for a while now AFAIK.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Originally Posted by Livius
Yes it's a fine movie with a fine transfer indeed, but the Region 1 Experiment in Terror has been OOP for a while now AFAIK.

I didn't know that! I'm glad I bought my DVD when I did.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone else had problems with MovieMail's customer service replies, regarding how long it takes them to respond to a query? I received Experiment in Terror on Region 2 (sealed with the plastic wrapper on the DVD box) in the post a few days ago. Unfortunately the disc was loose in the case and the back of the disc was badly marked and scratched. I've emailed them and have still had no response. However, my copy of The Stone Killer (which arrived in the post today and was also sealed), is in better condition. The disc was loose but there are no marks and scratches on the back of the disc.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Just wanted to update this thread. Does anyone have any new information, etc. of whether Sony will release The Stone Killer 1973 and Shamus 1973 on DVD in 2011? Why the holdup? What about Sony's MOD program? Might the Stone Killer and Shamus be part of the MOD program? Any information, news, etc is appreciated!

Thanks!

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks