Jump to content



Sign up for a free account!

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Stone Killer 1973 Charles Bronson and Shamus 1973 Burt Reynolds


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

    Second Unit

  • 266 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 23 2008

Posted May 05 2010 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone know if Sony plans on releasing The Stone Killer 1973 Charles Bronson on DVD in the United States in 2010?  Is there a rights hold-up?  Any information is appeciated.

Also will Sony release Shamus 1973 Burt Reynolds in anamorphic widescreen in 2010?

Thanks for all help!

Robert



#2 of 10 flagbrothers

flagbrothers

    Stunt Coordinator

  • 98 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 14 2007

Posted May 05 2010 - 10:42 PM

Shamus has a poor transfer and it is not released in it's original aspect ratio.

#3 of 10 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

    Producer

  • 4,075 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 19 2008
  • Real Name:Richard

Posted May 06 2010 - 01:39 AM

I know The Stone Killer was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, getting a 15 certificate. However, it isn't yet available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.

#4 of 10 Livius

Livius

    Second Unit

  • 403 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 04 2009

Posted May 06 2010 - 07:55 AM



Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveCrest ">

I know The Stone Killer was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, getting a 15 certificate. However, it isn't yet available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.
I think it's exclusive to Moviemail for the moment. They certainly have it up for sale 
Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog


#5 of 10 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

    Producer

  • 4,075 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 19 2008
  • Real Name:Richard

Posted May 07 2010 - 10:10 AM

Many thanks. I've found as well on there another Sony film title which was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, a Lee Remick film called Experiment in Terror.



#6 of 10 Robin9

Robin9

    Screenwriter

  • 1,740 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 13 2006

Posted May 08 2010 - 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

Many thanks. I've found as well on there another Sony film title which was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, a Lee Remick film called Experiment in Terror.

That's been out in Region 1 for ages. It's a very good suspense movie, starring Glenn Ford and directed by Blake Edwards. The main title theme by Henry Mancini is played in the movie at a slightly slower tempo than on the soundtrack album. The slower tempo makes the music much more eerie and sinister.


The Region 1 DVD has very good picture quality.



#7 of 10 Livius

Livius

    Second Unit

  • 403 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 04 2009

Posted May 09 2010 - 11:24 AM



Originally Posted by Robin9 

Quote:

That's been out in Region 1 for ages. It's a very good suspense movie, starring Glenn Ford and directed by Blake Edwards. The main title theme by Henry Mancini is played in the movie at a slightly slower tempo than on the soundtrack album. The slower tempo makes the music much more eerie and sinister.


The Region 1 DVD has very good picture quality.


Yes it's a fine movie with a fine transfer indeed, but the Region 1 Experiment in Terror has been OOP for a while now AFAIK.


Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog


#8 of 10 Robin9

Robin9

    Screenwriter

  • 1,740 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 13 2006

Posted May 10 2010 - 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livius  
Yes it's a fine movie with a fine transfer indeed, but the Region 1 Experiment in Terror has been OOP for a while now AFAIK.

I didn't know that! I'm glad I bought my DVD when I did.




#9 of 10 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

    Producer

  • 4,075 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 19 2008
  • Real Name:Richard

Posted May 12 2010 - 03:13 AM

Has anyone else had problems with MovieMail's customer service replies, regarding how long it takes them to respond to a query? I received Experiment in Terror on Region 2 (sealed with the plastic wrapper on the DVD box) in the post a few days ago. Unfortunately the disc was loose in the case and the back of the disc was badly marked and scratched. I've emailed them and have still had no response. However, my copy of The Stone Killer (which arrived in the post today and was also sealed), is in better condition. The disc was loose but there are no marks and scratches on the back of the disc.



#10 of 10 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

    Second Unit

  • 266 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 23 2008

Posted January 11 2011 - 06:58 AM

Just wanted to update this thread.  Does anyone have any new information, etc. of whether Sony will release The Stone Killer 1973 and Shamus 1973 on DVD in 2011?  Why the holdup?  What about Sony's MOD program?  Might the Stone Killer and Shamus be part of the MOD program?   Any information, news, etc is appreciated!


Thanks!


Robert






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users