-

Photo

The Stone Killer 1973 Charles Bronson and Shamus 1973 Burt Reynolds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted May 05 2010 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone know if Sony plans on releasing The Stone Killer 1973 Charles Bronson on DVD in the United States in 2010?  Is there a rights hold-up?  Any information is appeciated.

Also will Sony release Shamus 1973 Burt Reynolds in anamorphic widescreen in 2010?

Thanks for all help!

Robert

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   flagbrothers

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted May 05 2010 - 10:42 PM

Shamus has a poor transfer and it is not released in it's original aspect ratio.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,103 posts

Posted May 06 2010 - 01:39 AM

I know The Stone Killer was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, getting a 15 certificate. However, it isn't yet available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Livius

Livius

Second Unit

• 407 posts

Posted May 06 2010 - 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveCrest ">

I know The Stone Killer was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, getting a 15 certificate. However, it isn't yet available to pre-order on DVD on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.
I think it's exclusive to Moviemail for the moment. They certainly have it up for sale 
Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,103 posts

Posted May 07 2010 - 10:10 AM

Many thanks. I've found as well on there another Sony film title which was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, a Lee Remick film called Experiment in Terror.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts

Posted May 08 2010 - 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

Many thanks. I've found as well on there another Sony film title which was passed by the BBFC a few weeks ago, a Lee Remick film called Experiment in Terror.

That's been out in Region 1 for ages. It's a very good suspense movie, starring Glenn Ford and directed by Blake Edwards. The main title theme by Henry Mancini is played in the movie at a slightly slower tempo than on the soundtrack album. The slower tempo makes the music much more eerie and sinister.

The Region 1 DVD has very good picture quality.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Livius

Livius

Second Unit

• 407 posts

Posted May 09 2010 - 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Robin9 

Quote:

That's been out in Region 1 for ages. It's a very good suspense movie, starring Glenn Ford and directed by Blake Edwards. The main title theme by Henry Mancini is played in the movie at a slightly slower tempo than on the soundtrack album. The slower tempo makes the music much more eerie and sinister.

The Region 1 DVD has very good picture quality.

Yes it's a fine movie with a fine transfer indeed, but the Region 1 Experiment in Terror has been OOP for a while now AFAIK.

Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts

Posted May 10 2010 - 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livius  
Yes it's a fine movie with a fine transfer indeed, but the Region 1 Experiment in Terror has been OOP for a while now AFAIK.

I didn't know that! I'm glad I bought my DVD when I did.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,103 posts

Posted May 12 2010 - 03:13 AM

Has anyone else had problems with MovieMail's customer service replies, regarding how long it takes them to respond to a query? I received Experiment in Terror on Region 2 (sealed with the plastic wrapper on the DVD box) in the post a few days ago. Unfortunately the disc was loose in the case and the back of the disc was badly marked and scratched. I've emailed them and have still had no response. However, my copy of The Stone Killer (which arrived in the post today and was also sealed), is in better condition. The disc was loose but there are no marks and scratches on the back of the disc.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 06:58 AM

Just wanted to update this thread.  Does anyone have any new information, etc. of whether Sony will release The Stone Killer 1973 and Shamus 1973 on DVD in 2011?  Why the holdup?  What about Sony's MOD program?  Might the Stone Killer and Shamus be part of the MOD program?   Any information, news, etc is appreciated!

Thanks!

Robert