• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#461 of 467 TheBat

TheBat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:26 PM

:tu:   When I first saw "DKR", I liked it but didn't love it.  I had to get "Dark Knight" - which I loved from Screening 1 - out of my head and stop comparing the two. I've now seen "DKR" three additional times and I seem to like it more and more each time.  I can better appreciate the seemingly-slow first two hours and invest in the movie without baggage. And the ending really is awesome.  Call it spinoff bait if you want, but it works! :)

I attended a marathon with all 3 films. I felt let down by dark knight rises after watching the first two. however watching it on blu ray.. I liked it more. the ending with the kid bothered me alot. not so much on blu ray. Jacob

#462 of 467 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 15 2012 - 05:32 AM

Cringing at what?

You have to ask, really? That was a brutal fight scene that went on and on. To make it harder to take, the good guy is taking the worst of it. In real life, that fight is a "beaten to death" situation. I guess you have a higher tolerance of brutality than I do.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#463 of 467 Bryan Ri

Bryan Ri

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 01:31 AM

You have to ask, really? That was a brutal fight scene that went on and on. To make it harder to take, the good guy is taking the worst of it. In real life, that fight is a "beaten to death" situation. I guess you have a higher tolerance of brutality than I do.

Relax, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic about the scene. Sorry.

#464 of 467 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 16 2012 - 05:25 AM

Relax, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic about the scene. Sorry.

Yeah, the correct tone doesn't always come though in the written word. No problem. :)
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#465 of 467 joshEH

joshEH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted December 17 2012 - 08:34 PM

Echoes of similar imagery throughout the trilogy: http://imgur.com/a/3EpQo I never even picked up on the Ra's/Bane hand-resting similarity. If Hardy did that on purpose, he's even more awesome than I thought.
"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower...son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

- Charlie Kelly (via Dennis Reynolds)

#466 of 467 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,800 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 18 2012 - 02:20 AM

That's fantastic Josh!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#467 of 467 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Advanced Member

• 10,146 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted December 18 2012 - 03:33 AM

The only one I would consider a stretch is the eating of the fruit. The ways those scenes play out are very different.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users