Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Project - Digital Home Server - touchscreen controlled

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 soitjes

soitjes

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 29 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hi,

I've built a mediaplayer with a little mini-ITX PC. I had planned to use a commercial package, but in the end I wrote everything myself.

The functions are audio, video, photo slideshow, Google Calendar, weather forecast, calculator and phone calls with Skype. This is what it looks like :

Posted Image

One particular feature is that I can control everything from a little 7" usb touchscreen in my living room.

You can find details on the hardware and software on http://dhs.webatu.com.

Hope you like it.

Soitjes.

My Digital Home Server - http://www.digitalhomeserver.net

#2 of 4 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,509 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted April 30 2010 - 02:48 AM

Very cool, and welcome to HTF.  At first I thought this might be a spam post but it really looks like you have built something interesting and also free!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#3 of 4 soitjes

soitjes

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted April 30 2010 - 03:42 AM

It's funny that you think it's spam.  You're not the first one, I've been banned before.  It seems that people just don't believe that somebody would build everything from scratch.  Maybe I should change the picture, and show this one ?  So that it looks more "home-built" ?

Posted Image

HTPC with touchscreens seems to be a open market though.  A lot of people told me that they are interested in such a solution, but there isn't much support in the current HTPC software.

Soitjes.

My Digital Home Server - http://www.digitalhomeserver.net

#4 of 4 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,509 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 03 2010 - 01:09 AM

No, I don't think that's the problem.  The problem is that your first post on the forum was to introduce your project rather than coming here to be a part of the community first!  Either way, welcome, and I hope you'll keep us posted on how your project progresses.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users