Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Yorker Cartoons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted April 29 2010 - 05:05 AM

This is mostly for people living in germany or nearby. There is a store called 2001 ("zweitausendeins" - www.zweitausendeins.de) and they are selling a book "The Complete Cartoons of the New Yorker" for 14.95EU. The book comes also with 2 CDs with all the cartoons in PDF format.

The link on their web site for this is:

http://www.zweitausendeins.de/suche/?ArticleFocus=6&ord=-1&alpha=1&cat=10&q=New%20Yorker

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,651 posts

Posted June 08 2010 - 01:17 AM

Sumner,

Sorry to have missed this post when you posted it.

Will give it a thorough look now!

Thanks!

Cees

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 08 2010 - 06:38 AM

I have the U.S. edition of the book.  This is the kind of thing that makes an Amazon Prime membership worthwhile.  The book itself is huge and it weighs a ton.  The shipping charge is probably close to the cost of the book.  One of the nice things about having the 2 CDs included is that you reduce the risk of hernia.  /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif  But it is definitely worth buying.

Regards,

Joe

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted June 09 2010 - 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino 

The shipping charge is probably close to the cost of the book.

I looked at Amazon.com and could not find US postage for a book other than a an initial fee + (book fee) x number of books. A few years ago, I bought from Amazon "The Completed Emma Peel" which has circa 16 DVDs and the postage was circa $10!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted June 09 2010 - 04:26 AM

I was in the store "2001" today and one could purchase a book for 29.90 EU of all of the center pictures of Playboy  thru 2007,/img/vbsmilies/htf/banana.gif

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 09 2010 - 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sumnernor 

I looked at Amazon.com and could not find US postage for a book other than a an initial fee + (book fee) x number of books. A few years ago, I bought from Amazon "The Completed Emma Peel" which has circa 16 DVDs and the postage was circa $10!

Ah.  I thought they charged on large items by weight, as many web sites do.  Since I'm an Amazon Prime member I get 2-day shipping free, so it has been years since I paid a shipping fee or paid much attention to them.

Regards,

Joe