What's new

Mary Tyler Moore Show Season 7? (1 Viewer)

Brandon_D

Stunt Coordinator
It's been a couple months since season 6 was released. Shouldn't there be an announcement for the final season soon?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I don't pay much attention to most FOX programs, but they seem to like to do two releases a year for programs like M*A*S*H and this one after it was restarted the first time.

So I'd say it could be months before an announcement for the next season if they want it to be a Fall release like the 5th season was when the program was restarted for the second time. We've already seen the first 2010 release of the program less then three months ago.

But that's just a guess.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Depends on how well it sells. Apaprently quite well which is why the sets are coming out pretty fast - at least for Fox releases.

If it didn't sell they would just dump it, or leave it with 18-month-long gaps like the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea mess.

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
I received the Season 7 set today. There's some good news, expected news and bad news.

Good news: the music rights were obtained for the "Steam Heat" and "One For My Baby" numbers in the Season 7 episode in which Murray Slaughter is nominated for a Teddy award. The numbers were not edited out of the episode.

Expected news: Season 7 received the same bare bones treatment as the most recent seasons released on DVD.

Bad news: Even though the back of the DVD package states that the DVDs include all of the Season 7 episodes, "including the final curtain call from "The Last Show"", I couldn't find the curtain call. The final credits used for the DVD version of the final episode do not feature the curtain call---the credits are the same as they appeared in syndication.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I expected the "curtain call" to be a bonus feature. Isn't that anywhere else on the menu choices?

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
I checked each of the three Season 7 discs. Each disc has the usual skeletal main menu listing the episodes. None of the main menus mention extras or special features. I also checked the scene selection feature for the final episode and there isn't a separate listing for alternate closing credits.

Happy to be proven wrong, but unless Fox went the Easter egg route with the curtain call credits, they do not appear to be included in the Season 7 set---despite the prominent notice on the back of the DVD package that they are included.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Erik_H

Happy to be proven wrong, but unless Fox went the Easter egg route with the curtain call credits, they do not appear to be included in the Season 7 set---despite the prominent notice on the back of the DVD package that they are included.

So they outright lied. Way to treat your consumers, Fox!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just received my set, and went through the titles on all the DVDs...

No curtain call. So, it isn't hidden anywhere.

On each disc, titles 1-8 are the episodes, 9 is the menus, 10 is the Fox logo, 11 is blank, 12 is the Panasonic manufacturing logo, 13 and 14 are nothing.

This wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't say in big letters on the back "FINAL CURTAIN CALL". No way Fox fixes this, though. Maybe it'll be in the Complete Series set, and give you guys a new reason to complain about that.

Oh, glad to have the episodes finally out on DVD.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It's so amazing the cases of terminal stupidity that afflict those who are put in charge of putting these sets together.

Oh well, one can always download the Curtain Call off YouTube. I doubt the quality would have looked much better on an "official" DVD anyway.

steveausten

Auditioning
Real Name
steve austen
Sorry to say that. I am not sure about it either it will be announce or not.

Thanks

Steve

http://dealsourcedirect.com

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
Like the rest of you, I was logging on here hoping to find out where the "final curtain call" is. It says on the package that its included, and they announced in their press release also that it would be included. As far as I can tell, it is not there. Of course it was the first thing I looked for. Way to go Fox - proving once again that you are the absolute worst, stupidest, most awful company to deal with for TV on DVD. You completely suck. On the positive side, I can't believe that I actually lived long enough to see all 7 seasons of MTM released on DVD by Fox... so that's something. But the huge amount of time and lobbying it took, intervention by Oprah, and now either utter inexcusable carelessness or an outright lie about the final curtain call - incredible. You suck Fox.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
One song didn't make the cut and I was expecting it not to. In "Mary's Three Husbands" Ted originally sang "Tonight" during his fantasy sequence. This was intact in reruns up through the 80s I think but starting in the 90s it got replaced with what sounds like a poorly dubbed imitator doing a variation of "Danny Boy" changed to "Teddy Boy". I presumed Fox would have used the last set of masters which would have had this alteration which is why I wasn't counting on it being restored for this.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Has Fox made a statement about the missing curtain call? Back-cover specifications are often incorrect, but this is not just a minor misquote. Fox's press release brazenly touted "the never-before-available and fan-requested 'Final Curtain Call'" So I would say that is a pretty major gaffe that it is missing and I think they owe us an explanation.

mickeyTOR

Agent
I got my copy last night. The Curtain Call is there!! It's the very end of the final episode (where it should be). Not sure if previous posters are looking for a special link or not (there isn't one). I watched about 5 episodes so far, and quality is just as good as the previous few sets.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, my copy doesn't have the curtain call either. I tried watching the last episode from the last chapter to the end and all that is there is the syndicated credits. Bummer. Maybe we'll get some sort of explanation from Fox about what happened.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by mickeyTOR

I got my copy last night. The Curtain Call is there!! It's the very end of the final episode (where it should be). Not sure if previous posters are looking for a special link or not (there isn't one).

That's pretty strange that some people don't have it on their sets, and you do?

What could explain this?

Purchased my copy yesterday and no sign of the curtain call, which I was really looking forward to seeing again...is it worth it to contact Fox at their 888 number or e-mail address on the back of the set? Is there a realistic chance of them correcting the mistake and having an exchange program set up like Shout! did with the Dragnet 1968 disc that was missing the very beginning of the pilot movie?

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Robert Burroughs

Purchased my copy yesterday and no sign of the curtain call, which I was really looking forward to seeing again...is it worth it to contact Fox at their 888 number or e-mail address on the back of the set? Is there a realistic chance of them correcting the mistake and having an exchange program set up like Shout! did with the Dragnet 1968 disc that was missing the very beginning of the pilot movie?

I just called Fox and this is what I was told. They have no recall on this set at this time. They did say that they were aware of the issue and had been receiving a lot of complaints. They said the only thing they would do is have me ship my DVD set back to them at my own expense, and they would "look into it". Isn't that amazing? Fox sells a bad set, has no recall, wants to make me pay again to ship my DVD set back to them, and no promises about receiving anything in exchange or ever even getting my bad DVD set returned to me. This company is serious FUBAR'd.

Dan

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not defending Fox but one day isn't enough time to start a recall. I think they should either recall it or offer a replacement disc but it's going to take more than 24 hours for a corporation to get that plan in motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks