What's new

Royal Pains (USA) Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Thought I'd start this up since second season is coming back to USA on June 3rd! A year later, but I guess not a surprise since it was cable's highest rated new series last year. Most anticipated new cast member - Henry Winkler as Hank & Evan's dad. Looove the casting!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
This has been a great show so far. It is kind of a mix of Northern Exposure and MacGyver. Thanks for the heads up.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Glad to know it's returning. Fun show. More and more the cable shows far outshine the standard network stuff.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I knew it was coming back. I just wish it had been sooner. Between Royal Pains, Burn Notice and the new Covert Affairs June is looking good.

Very few of my favorite shows are on the major networks anymore. They are either on USA, Bravo or TNT.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Parker Clack

I knew it was coming back. I just wish it had been sooner. Between Royal Pains, Burn Notice and the new Covert Affairs June is looking good.
It seems like every show that premieres on USA these days, will become a hit. And they are actually fun to watch!

With no thread for season 1, I figure Royal Pains would be one of those shows that would not get much discussion, other than whether they like it or not.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My wife & I found this to be some good, lighthearted fun. It has a very "breezy" feel to it, and it's a quick watch. It's really good summer material. :)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Walter C

It seems like every show that premieres on USA these days, will become a hit. And they are actually fun to watch!

With no thread for season 1, I figure Royal Pains would be one of those shows that would not get much discussion, other than whether they like it or not.
USA's on a roll with their series, that's for sure. This'll be on after Burn Notice, ,so that should definitely make for some good summer viewing.

Yeah, I searched for a thread for this, but couldn't find one surprisingly. I thought it was a nice difference from the other "doctor" shows out there - the setting and premise, especially. Hopefully we'll get some good discussion this time around :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
A reminder that the new season starts tonight.

To me, this is the start of the summer TV, with the premieres of this and Burn Notice.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Glad Royal Pains made it back, a lot of USA stuff is really pretty good. I think they've got longer timelines and possibly bigger budgets, so a much higher quality show ends up being made.

To bad that Raising the Bar is gone. Not sure what the ratings were but a good show that once again quietly slips away.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Well, I did not think the father would make an appearance in the 1st episode, as his name was not in the credits at the start of the episode. No surprise on what happened at the end.

I don't normally care for recaps, but I am glad that they did a season 1 recap, as I forgotten some of the storylines going on.

Should be a fun season!

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Agreed - loved the season premiere, should definitely be another enjoyable season! Missed last night's episode (so don't tell me what happens) but thoughts on Henry Winkler so far??

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby_B

Agreed - loved the season premiere, should definitely be another enjoyable season! Missed last night's episode (so don't tell me what happens) but thoughts on Henry Winkler so far??
He is playing his part extremely well. I can believe his character. Make sure you get one of the many repeats of last night's episode.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Agreed, and I enjoyed the episode, with Chloe O' Brian and the Fonz, even though they did not share any scenes together.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Caught up on the last two eps and really enjoyed both! Agreed that Henry Winkler is doing a pretty great job playing the father - so weird seeing him playing a con man/bad guy but definitely believable. I also like Boris - very mysterious - curious to see what happens with him this season.

USANetwork

Grip
Real Name
USA
With new episodes starting in 8 days, it looks like it's time to get this thread going again...

Hey guys. I’m here for USA and wanted to let you know that one of the best shows from last summer, Royal Pains, is coming back with new episodes this winter. The hit show about a “concierge doctor” (and his mischievous brother) working in the Hamptons and interacting with the rich, poor, and generally crazy people that live there will have new episodes starting Thursday January 20th at 9PM. Enjoy an hour vacation to the beach and check it out, and feel free to let us know what you're hoping to see this season!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It feels weird to have this show on during the winter, it's a more breezy summer show for me. More loopy Jill, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks