What's new

A few words about...™ Saving Private Ryan -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
How is the picture quality of this release? Is there any DNR issues? I would love to upgrade my dvd of this movie to blu-ray.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Originally Posted by Dave Moritz /t/300012/a-few-words-about-saving-private-ryan-in-blu-ray/30#post_3924054
How is the picture quality of this release? Is there any DNR issues? I would love to upgrade my dvd of this movie to blu-ray.
Upgrade with absolute confidence. There was a recall upon release for an audio sync issue toward the end of the film, but all stock I've seen on shelves since is the newer corrected pressing. Enjoy!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Cool can not wait to own this film on blu-ray especially now that I have upgraded my first gen Sony bluray to a Denon bluray player.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Finally got around to picking up this Bluray release and will be doing a comparison tomorrow against the dvd to see how much better it is. And since I got my used Pioneer SC05 and Denon BDP-1611 I can not wait to rewatch it tomorrow at reference level. :- )

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Robert Crawford said:
The general consensus is that Saving Private Ryan is a great movie whether you agree with that opinion or not.  As far as thought-provoking, I will never forget walking out of a sold-out movie theater after watching Saving Private Ryan for the first time.  It was the first time, I observed a sold out audience leaving the theater in dead silence and you could tell by the looks on their faces that most of us were still digesting what we've observed over the last 2.5 hours.  Afterwards, I talked with several friends about this film and their reaction was that Saving Private Ryan really struck a chord with them about the horror of war and the ultimate sacrifice that many soldiers gave to their country.
Personally, I wouldn't call Saving Private Ryan the greatest "war" film ever made, but it's in the top 10-15 in my opinion.  It's impact on the film industry gave us Band of Brothers and The Pacific while it will most likely continue to influence future film-making of "war" films for many more years to come.
Crawdaddy
Just to piggy-back:
My dad and I saw this together opening weekend. A veteran himself, he was astonished and stunned by the film. We did n't speak after because he could not bring himself to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks