Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Receiver, Speakers, Sub...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 erew99

erew99

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 19 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hi All,
I was thinking about purchasing the following items and wondering what your thoughts are.

Receiver:

Sony STR-DN1000 7.1

Front Speakers:
Polk Audio TSi200 Bookshelf Speakers

Center:
Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker

Surrounds:

Polk Audio OWM3 on-Wall Speakers

Sub:

Polk Audio PSWi225 Wireless Sub Woofer

I'd connect these to the receiver using a 16-gauge wire.  If you have any thoughts on these, or suggestions, please let me know.  Overall cost would be roughly $1565.

Thanks in advance!

#2 of 5 John Brill

John Brill

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted April 19 2010 - 06:31 AM

Sub and receiver are questionable and I've never taken a look at the on-walls.

The sub is 8" woofer at a 12" price for the wireless capabilities.  Unless you need to place the puppy in an akward location far from the reciever, stick with a wired sub (10" or 12").

On the receiver side, the Sony can be had for cheap but the Denon 1910 would be my preference (or Onkyo equivalent).

#3 of 5 erew99

erew99

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 19 2010 - 06:40 AM

Thanks.

The wifi sub, I'll most likely change.  The receiver = good price.  The Denon is almost $600, comparedto $330 for the Sony.

Any suggestions for a sub, around the same price?

#4 of 5 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted April 19 2010 - 07:04 AM

I'm not a Sony receiver fan. I think Onkyo gives more bang for the buck. So, I'd recommend this receiver: http://www.amazon.co...71703249&sr=1-1
While I am a fan of Polk speakers (see my signature), I'm not crazy about their lower end speakers, and not a fan of their subs at all. So, I'd recommend these, which includes an outstanding subwoofer: http://www.svsound.c...s-sbs_black.cfm
A member of these forums recently got a set of these speakers, and he says he loves them. See his thread here: http://www.hometheat...new-svs-sbs-01s

By the time you add on shipping, the price is gonna be about the same, give or take a few dollars, and depending on where you live. Shipping from Ohio to NY shouldn't be bad at all.
Good luck with whatever you get.

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#5 of 5 erew99

erew99

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 19 2010 - 07:31 AM

Thanks- I will check these out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users