Guest__*

Posted July 26 2010 - 06:17 AM

you again

#22 of 30 Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,884 posts

Posted July 26 2010 - 07:29 AM

It's surprising nothing has been done regarding Topper, especially when you consider the fact that the one of the show's writers was none other than Stephen Sondheim!  Aside from the two PD discs from Alpha Video, nothing else has come out.  Someone must know who owns the series.  Perhaps it is a rights issue that's preventing the 78 filmed shows from being remastered and released- who controls the Thorne Smith estate?

Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#23 of 30 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted July 26 2010 - 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Charles Ellis 

It's surprising nothing has been done regarding Topper, especially when you consider the fact that the one of the show's writers was none other than Stephen Sondheim!  Aside from the two PD discs from Alpha Video, nothing else has come out.  Someone must know who owns the series.  Perhaps it is a rights issue that's preventing the 78 filmed shows from being remastered and released- who controls the Thorne Smith estate?

The series is actually owned by an advertising agency, although the name eludes me at the moment and I don't have my paperwork handy right now to look it up. A few years ago, when all of the independents were dying for properties to release, I believe the agency was contacted about it but since they are not really in that business, they were afraid to get involved in a deal as they didn't have anyone there who knew for sure that they owned the show, even though LOC lists them as the copyright holder! And, if I recall correctly, they didn't have the full run of 78 shows. I think they were missing around 10 or so.

#24 of 30 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted March 21 2014 - 10:35 PM

Came across this thread and saw To Rome With Love listed and it reminded me of something I've noticed before in a few filmographies. There seems to have been a My Three Sons crossover in one episode of this show.

Does anyone remember it? Wondering what the gist of it was. I've seen an episode or two of this show, but I've never tracked down this particular episode. 

#25 of 30 Duane Alford

Duane Alford

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 01:43 AM

1.The George Carlin Show
2.Herman's Head
3.Roc

New one on my list: Yes, Dear

#26 of 30 upperco

upperco

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 10:25 AM

THE NEW DICK VAN DYKE SHOW (1971-1974, CBS)

#27 of 30 DisneySwan1990

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:23 AM

I wonder if Phyliss was reran on Comedy Central or Lifetime in the 90s
Enough is Enough, We Demand A DVD Release of Clueless: The Series, New York Undercover: The Complete Series, and the remaining 7 seasons of Baywatch + its spinoffs!!!!

#28 of 30 mannix

mannix

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:48 AM

empty nest

nurses

archie bunkers place

teachers only

#29 of 30 ABaglivi

ABaglivi

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 09:03 AM

LIFE WITH FATHER starring Leon Ames and Lurene Tuttle, which ran from November 1953 until July 1955 on the CBS Television network.[4]The series was the first live color program for network TV to originate in Hollywood.[5]

#30 of 30 wizard55

wizard55

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 07:38 PM

I just discovered "Doctor, Doctor" (1989 - 91) via some network promos. It looks like it was pretty funny.

And isn't Yes, Dear all out now on DVD?

I'm still waiting for the 2nd and Final season of Whitney...just to complete it. :(

Update: And Youtube wins again. Sweet! only this and one other on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users