Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Severin Films releasing Horror Express and House That Dripped Blood on DVD & Blu-ray!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 896 posts

Posted April 15 2010 - 01:03 AM

More fantastic news from www.fangoria.com/index.php :

Quote:
Severin Films will issue the movies this fall with fresh hi-def transfers on new DVDs and, for the first time, on Blu-ray. The films will be accompanied by a host of supplements, details of which are coming soon. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee star in both flicks; HOUSE, also featuring Ingrid Pitt (pictured right), Denholm Elliott, Jon Pertwee and Joss Ackland, is an anthology of four short chillers scripted by PSYCHO’s Robert Bloch, while EXPRESS, co-starring Telly Savalas, is about a brain-sucking monster loose on a Trans-Siberian train excursion. Stay tuned for updates!
/img/vbsmilies/htf/banana.gif

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,063 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 15 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hell must be frozen over...a Blu-ray of HORROR EXPRESS is coming out. One of my absolute all-time faves; must have seen it literally a hundred and fifty times since I was a child.

BUT...

One crucial thing that needs to happen for this release is the INCLUSION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER OF THE CLOSING CREDITS. All video prints I've seen in this country, including the Image DVD, fade to black after the THE END title card, while the music carries on over darkness for around a minute. However, the original closing credits for this film do exist; I've seen them, at the end of a ratty old PAL tape owned by a Londoner friend of mine. They need to be located and restored to the film; I doubt there will be any more chances for this to happen.

I've emailed Severin about this, thanking them for releasing the film and begging them to track down this footage if they don't already have it, and I highly suggest that all you HORROR EXPRESS fans who want the film truly complete on home video for the first time ever do the same. (Even the ratty old PAL tape I mentioned wasn't complete, as it had a replacement opening credits sequence using train footage from later in the film.)

Here, I'll make it easy:

http://www.severin-films.com/contact/

My fingers are crossed...

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 555 posts

Posted March 14 2011 - 02:30 PM

Has there been any other confirmation of HORROR EXPRESS making its way to blu ray?

Thanks.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 919 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 03:29 AM

Severin has posted a couple of HORROR EXPRESS things lately on Facebook, including an original poster image a few weeks ago and then the trailer within the last week. I'd say the announcement is forthcoming.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,922 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 15 2011 - 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by bgart13 

Severin has posted a couple of HORROR EXPRESS things lately on Facebook, including an original poster image a few weeks ago and then the trailer within the last week. I'd say the announcement is forthcoming.

I was starting to think this might've been unceremoniously postponed - there hasn't been any word since late summer. I wish we got something a little more solid than a tidbit from Facebook, though.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 919 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 12:28 PM

They've discussed why they've been quiet about it while other releases have been coming out.

#7 of 8 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,282 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted March 16 2011 - 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by bgart13 

They've discussed why they've been quiet about it while other releases have been coming out.

Care to give us more details?

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 919 posts

Posted March 16 2011 - 05:11 PM

Essentially, they found that more work was needed than was originally expected to fix up HORROR EXPRESS, restore it properly. Scratches, dirt, etc., I'd imagine. Severin is a company that tends to wait to announce release dates until the movie is ready to be released (at least it appears that way to me). I'm ok with waiting when it comes to getting a transfer done correctly. Make no mistake, I do not speak for Severin at all, I am only giving the info I've seen elsewhere (I did try quickly to find some of the info but no links yet -- if I do, I'll post them).

EDIT:

Found the last time I asked Severin about HE on Facebook, here's the response. There may be other comments at some point, but Severin posts a fair amount so it's hard to weed thru 'em all.

Severin Films Horror Express is still coming, just a bit more labor intensive than some.

November 20, 2010 at 1:13pm