Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Jimmy Hollywood -and- Ladybugs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,879 posts

Posted April 12 2010 - 05:45 AM

Lionsgate is proud to announce the upcoming Blu-ray Disc releases of Jimmy Hollywood andLadybugs and the DVD and digital download release of Six Gun on July 6th.

Jimmy Hollywood Blu-ray Disc
Christian Slater (Heathers) and Joe Pesci (Academy Award® winner, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Goodfellas, 1990) are at their finest in Jimmy Hollywood, the wildly funny look at Hollywood from acclaimed writer-director Barry Levinson.  This outrageous crime comedy, making its Blu-ray Disc debut from Lionsgate, will be available for the first time in 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on July 6th.

Struggling actor Jimmy Alto (Pesci) can't get arrested.  But the criminals that terrorize his neighborhood are making a killing.  So Jimmy makes a bold career move.  With the help of his loyal but spaced-out best friend (Slater), Jimmy transforms himself into "Jericho," leader of a mock-vigilante group that videotapes criminals and then turns them over to the police.  It's the role of a lifetime, but when Jimmy gets caught in a crossfire between the cops and the crooks, it looks like it could be his last.
Pricing: Blu-ray Disc $19.99

Ladybugs Blu-ray Disc
The celebrated comedian who engaged audiences across the country with his lovable, disgruntled everyman persona is now bringing the hilarity home with the Blu-ray Disc premiere of the laugh-out-loud comedy, Ladybugs.  Rodney Dangerfield stars as Chester Lee in the part-Tootsie, part-Bad News Bears 1992 hit.  Golden Globe® winner Jackée Harry (Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, TV's "227", 1985) joins Dangerfield alongside Ilene Graff (TV's "Mr. Belvedere"), Vinessa Shaw (The Hills Have Eyes) and Jonathan Brandis (TV's "SeaQuest DSV") as the cross-dressing teenager who will do anything to get close to the prettiest girl on the team. Ladybugs will be available in 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on July 6th.

Chester is a salesman looking for a little respect... and a big job promotion.  To impress his boss, Chester becomes the coach of the company-sponsored girls' soccer team, the Ladybugs.  But when Chester and his assistant coach (Jackée) see their woefully unskilled players, they realize the Ladybugs are going to get squashed! Chester decides the team needs a girl who plays like a boy, so he secretly enlists his fiancée's son, Matthew (Brandis), to become Martha, the Ladybugs' newest member. With his harebrained plan in place, Chester figures he has a shot at winning the championship and saving his career... or losing everything!  
Pricing: Blu-ray Disc $19.99

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,022 posts

Posted April 12 2010 - 06:48 AM

Wow, Ladybugs?  I didn't think we'd see that one on Blu for a few years yet, if ever.  Great news.

#3 of 6 Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,093 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted April 12 2010 - 08:46 AM

Ok those are some odd choices I release PARAMOUNT and LIONSGATE kind of swap out titles for their releases like RELIC and MY BLOODY VALENTINE (original), The Phantom etc... and at great prices if you are near a Wal Mart, but those two titles are insane? I take they don't have much left in the Lionsgate cannon? 

Come on release The Last Unicorn in 1080P first.

Oh well. I am sure some will be thrilled.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 LG BD550 Region Free 
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#4 of 6 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 828 posts

Posted April 14 2010 - 10:11 AM

Ladybugs

At this rate, we'll be getting Brain Donors and Airplane II on Blu-Ray in no time!

(Note: I would, of course, buy both of those films if they did come out on Blu-Ray.)

#5 of 6 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 3,996 posts

Posted July 17 2010 - 09:50 AM

WHAT was the point of releasing the "Home Video Version" of Jimmy Hollywood on Blu-Ray??  This shouldn't even have been released on standard DVD- they could've at least tried to get both versions on the Blu-Ray.  This wasn't even a very popular movie- I worked at a theater when it was out.

Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#6 of 6 Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,762 posts

Posted July 17 2010 - 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger 

Ok those are some odd choices I release PARAMOUNT and LIONSGATE kind of swap out titles for their releases like RELIC and MY BLOODY VALENTINE (original), The Phantom etc... and at great prices if you are near a Wal Mart, but those two titles are insane? I take they don't have much left in the Lionsgate cannon?
Come on release The Last Unicorn in 1080P first.

Oh well. I am sure some will be thrilled.

I wish they would get around to GlenGarry Glen Ross.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users