Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice selling my PAL DVD's...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,582 posts

Posted April 12 2010 - 03:38 AM

I do not like to sell off my DVD's, and especially not the 50 or so region 2 PAL discs I own which are exclusively non-U.S., but circumstances prevail, and I am thinking these titles have the potential for bringing me the most revenue. My questions:

1. Is eBay or Amazon the better venue for selling these great titles (used but in perfect shape), or listing them in a forum such as HTF?

2. Would I be likely to get a decent return on these DVD's if I restrict shipping to this country (shipping to other countries is a big pain in the ass)?

3. Is it safer to list such titles, if on eBay with a minimum bid ($.99) or with the minimum amount I want to get back, which would mean a higher listing fee? If listing on Amazon, how does one decide at what price to list these DVD's? Is there a formula?

I am needing to sell some of my most treasured UK titles, such as the non-U.S. Hammer films in their best anamorphic versions, foreign titles such as BURNT BYTHE SUN in 16x9, anamorphic widescreen Disney and Universal titles only available here in pan-and-scan editions like JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN, COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT, MATILDA, SHIPWRECKED, SEVEN PERCENT SOLUTION and ICEMAN; special editions containing exclusive European bonus materials, such as DON'T LOOK NOW (director commentary), and anamorphic editions of films that were only letterboxed in the U.S., like SOPHIE'S CHOICE, DRACULA: PRINCE OF DARKNESS, and QUATERMASS AND THE PIT; films that are available only from Europe in any form, like NIGHT OF THE EAGLE (aka BURN WITCH BURN), BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW, TWINS OF EVIL, PATHFINDER (1988), QUATERMASS XPERIMENT, THREADS, THE GREEN MAN, TIGER BAY, WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND, SCOTT OF THE ANTARCTIC. How would I achieve the maximum yield? I paid a fair amount of money for a lot of these.

Many thanks for any input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users