Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speaker stands for new SVS SBS-01s

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Stiffy

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 10 2010 - 01:11 AM

My new SVS 5.1  system arrived yesterday . Momma didn't say a word when I unpacked the BIG boxes( this was very ominous) I upgraded to the pc-12ncs sub BIG is not the word. 1st, These speakers belong on nobodies wall 91/2" deep is huge. 2nd they sound absolutely incredible!!! We auditioned Transformers 2 Bluray... wow, Wow, WOW ,......I was sold but momma wasn't quit there yet, so in went Josh Groban (her favorite) we listened to 4 songs at room filling level. She said............ "we need to get speaker stands". VICTORY is mine. Now, I need 36" speaker stands. And having received excellent advice on speaker choice, I now need some advice on speaker stands slightly contemporary would be nice. Thanks to everyone for your help previously and in advance.
  Chris
Stiffy's Stuff,
Sony KDL-52V
LG-BD390
Onkyo TX-SR707

Emotiva XPA-3

SVS SBS -01(4), SCS-01©,PC12-NSD (Sub),
Logitech Harmony 900

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted April 10 2010 - 08:34 AM

Did you look at the stands that SVS sells?
http://www.svsound.com/products-sys-sbs_black.cfm
Scroll about half way down the page, and you'll see stands, as well as wall mounts for your particular speakers. I didn't check on their price though.
Enjoy those new speakers! I'd love to hear them............

Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Stiffy

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 10 2010 - 10:59 AM

Yeah Ed I did, Momma doesn't like, and at this point what ever momma wants she will get (I got mine ...in the system ;) She did pick out these..
http://www.amazon.co...ref=oss_product  Witch pleasantly surprised me ( they are adjustable) So we ordered a pair if they work we will order 2 more. Bottom line whatever it takes to make her happy because these things are incredible!! Thanks again  Chris
 P.S. The UPS route driver said during his day (he didn't get to me until 4:30pm) He had 2 different customers during the day  offer to buy the speakers off the truck( apparently he had a few delivery's he had to open the back roll up door for). So, I guess the word is getting out ,he was very inquisitive about what he was delivering to me! 
Stiffy's Stuff,
Sony KDL-52V
LG-BD390
Onkyo TX-SR707

Emotiva XPA-3

Logitech Harmony 900

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Stiffy

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 19 2010 - 02:45 PM

These where incredibly ugly!! One of them wouldn't even hold the speaker level (after an hour of playing with it). So we bought some Bell'o stands    http://www.amazon.co...HTMAS16RBFZCMNA  These are very nice looking and most important.......... momma like.    :)
Chris
Stiffy's Stuff,
Sony KDL-52V
LG-BD390
Onkyo TX-SR707

Emotiva XPA-3

Logitech Harmony 900

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,720 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted April 19 2010 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
 P.S. The UPS route driver said during his day (he didn't get to me until 4:30pm) He had 2 different customers during the day  offer to buy the speakers off the truck( apparently he had a few delivery's he had to open the back roll up door for). So, I guess the word is getting out ,he was very inquisitive about what he was delivering to me! 

Uh-Oh! A new trend? Brown van speakers! (sorry, couldn't resist  ) It's O.K. though.  They're still SVS's.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.