What's new

Studios Officially Out of Ideas for Nicholas Spark's Movie Posters... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Found this over at The Consumerist:

tumblr_mhg9rm9SWB1qz5q5lo1_1280.png

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood /forum/thread/299629/studios-officially-out-of-ideas-for-nicholas-spark-s-movie-posters#post_3678993

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I think Nicholas Sparks is out of ideas for books. Young couple, whirlwind romance, someone dies, they mend their relationship and come back stronger, the end!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Sparks recently went on record as saying he is a greater novelist than Cormac McCarthy. This is true in the same sense that I am a better novelist than William Shakespeare. Sparks also said his novels are like Greek Tragedies. This may actually be true. I can't check it out because, tragically, no really bad Greek tragedies have survived." -- Roger Ebert

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If Nicholas Sparks ever did decide to do a sci-fi film where aliens blow up the White House he would have two of the aliens fall madly in love first, have one of them be diagnosed with a fatal illness and die causing the other to go mad and destroy the White House.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since the image in the OP is busted, here's a representative image:

nicholassparks.jpg

This all came to mind as I see the latest Sparks effort is hitting shelves this Tuesday: :biggrin:

h-HO00000689

EDIT: I think I found (and fixed) the original image in the OP.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It looks like Scott Eastwood (The Longest Ride) and Zac Efron (The Lucky One) are even wearing the same T-shirt.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My wife and I actually went to see A Walk to Remember in the theater (for the life of me, I can't tell you why)...and during this sappy, heart-string-tugging movie...we started giggling, then laughing out loud. The acting and dialogue were sooooo bad. We couldn't contain ourselves.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Maybe it's not just Nic Sparks films. Maybe it's studio marketing dept's in general. Here's another non-NS film trying to emulate the same theme:

Jackie-Ryan1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks