What's new

The Masters 2010 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I didn't get tickets this year, so sitting in the office. Live coverage on my Iphone or online starts at 10 AM though!

Anyone see that Tiger Woods Nike commercial?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I figure now that Tiger has so much more time to actually practice golf he should run away with this one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If they could have CGI'd Earl Woods slapping Tiger upside the back of his head and saying "What were you thinking, son?" I'd give some props to that Nike ad. But as it is, it's a merely a head-scratcher.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
That is really a moronic commercial.
Anyone who knows anything about Earl Woods realizes that in Tiger's case, the apple did not fall far from the tree.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That Nike add is just their attempt to start to repair Tiger's image so they can sell more golf equipment and apparel. I thought using his deceased father's voice was rather tactless.

As for the tournament, I think Tiger will struggle. When he came back too soon for the U.S. Open after his father passed away, he failed to make the cut. That is the only past experience that we have to compare to this for him.

Steve, I am very jealous that you've been to the tourney before. I've never been to Augusta, but would love to some day. A friend went for the first time this year (to Monday's practice round) and spoke glowing words about the place.

I would like to see either Ernie Els or Steve Stricker win.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
How about an ad where Tiger has a blonde on each arm while strutting through some high-end nightclub? With appropriate pimp attire, of course.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I went to a Monday practice round at Augusta in '98 or '99, even saw Tiger and Greg Norman in the same practice group for a couple of holes. The place was immaculate, the fairways were puttable, the greens seemed really fast, though.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

.....the greens seemed really fast, though.

I take it you have never putted on a PGA regulation Green. I had the pleasure of playing media day at the US Open once, compared to a regular Green that you and I would normally play, a tourney Green is like putting on a sheet a marble.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

Steve, I am very jealous that you've been to the tourney before. I've never been to Augusta, but would love to some day. A friend went for the first time this year (to Monday's practice round) and spoke glowing words about the place.

I'm fortunate enough to have a business relationship with two members. Have a couple of friends that work there and they play the following Monday. Have not played it, yet.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I basically quit playing golf when the prices just kept skyrocketing in the early-to-mid 2000s (after playing a lot during the 1990s and early in the late 1980s), so I've only putted on crap public courses, and some country club courses. My enjoyment-to-expenditure ratio was diminishing at an alarming rate, so I just quit hanging with my golfing buddies on the weekends and only rarely have the urge to take some practice range swings every other year, it seems.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I play during the week a lot. Local course, $20 for twilight. During summer can get in 21-22 holes after work.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I play in an evening golf league, plus usually get out on Saturday mornings. With the depressed economy in southeastern Michigan, we can usually find a deal on green fees. Unfortunately, our golf season is short up here -- usually April through October. I just got out for the first time this year last weekend. However, last year I was able to play until Thanksgiving due to the unusually mild autumn we enjoyed.

As for round 1, the old guys looked good. I doubt that either Couples or Watson can keep it together for four rounds, but it would be great to see it happen. Freddie's putter cannot possibly hold up for four rounds on those greens.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's my take, too: Couples and his back, plus the changing pin positions on the weekend will make it tough for him to score consistently, and Watson may just run out of steam again.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
In regards to Tiger and his wife problems - the wife is certainly very attractive. I cannot see why he would "play around" with others. I think that in today's world , this happens many times in the USA to people not in the lime light like Tiger. I understand that there is/was someone flying an airplane with various "anti-Tiger" comments.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
In regards to Tiger and his wife problems - the wife is certainly very attractive. I cannot see why he would "play around" with others
I think it's quite easy to see. I see it as a combination of elements. When this whole thing broke, he had indicated that after the kids came the sex life between him and his wife went out the window (which I think is certainly not uncommon in marriages). I would imagine the since he was focused on playing Golf all his life he never had much chance to sow many wild oats. It seems he wasn't ready for marriage in the first place (and since so much money rode on his previously clean image, I would not be surprised if he was pressured into marriage). And really the biggest thing is that no matter how much you love your wife, there's very few things in life more exciting than "new p*ssy" even if the chick is not as attractive as your wife, and when you're a huge celebrity like Tiger and you're on the road a lot and have 24/7 access to women who are willing to have sex with you, you're probably eventually going to cave in. Say you're on a diet and while you're on that diet, every room you walk into has a piece of moist, delicious cake sitting there, you're gonna eventually eat some.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks