Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

UNIVERSAL: Is their any chance of Miami Vice coming to dvd??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 06:37 AM

I know their is a region 2 disc. But, this is such a classic 80's show. I know the music rights are a big stumbling point. But, I have to think this show would sell well. Does anyone know anything regarding this??
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 08:25 AM

Universal is dissing TV product in general, and I expect that trend to continue well into next year

Too bad, I'd love to buy Battlestar Galactica and Sliders from them Posted Image

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted December 12 2001 - 08:53 AM

Jeff,
Hopefully, all the positive press tv on dvd has been getting lately on the news and in the papers will change Universal's minds.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 02:41 AM

Todd, I'm hoping for exactly the same thing Posted Image

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted December 13 2001 - 03:21 AM

Jeff...

Universal doesn't necessarily own their TV product any more. They sold it to Barry Diller along with USA. They're now evidently trying to buy their TV production and library back (for $18B, after selling it for $4B), but until that happens (or definitively does not happen), don't expect any action on Universal/USA TV product.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...