-

Photo

Cell phone question: are there any that will allow you to change the phone number?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 05 2010 - 11:12 AM

Anyone know if there are any cell phones and / or plans that will allow you to change the phone number at will whenever you want (say like 2 or 3 times a week) without incurring a $ervice charge? AT&T charges $19 to change a landline number. I currently don't have a cell phone, haven't had one in a long time. Thanks in advance.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,651 posts

Posted April 05 2010 - 01:11 PM

If you have more than 1 SIM and the phone isn't SIM-locked, there's no problem at all. I do it all the time with my children, e.g. when their phone's battery is empty, they lend my phone and put their own SIM in. A few moments later, I get it back and put my SIM back.

Just be careful about copying the SIM's address book (phone numbers list) to the phone: that's a nono, of course.

Cees

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 05 2010 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfellas 

Anyone know if there are any cell phones and / or plans that will allow you to change the phone number at will whenever you want (say like 2 or 3 times a week) without incurring a $ervice charge? AT&T charges $19 to change a landline number. I currently don't have a cell phone, haven't had one in a long time. Thanks in advance.

None that I am aware of.  Carriers typically have to keep a number out of circulation for 90 days after it is no longer being used, so there is no reason why they would want to do that, plus it would be a real pain to deal with in their billing systems.

BTW welcome to the forum, but membership requires a real first name so it is easier to have a conversation.  Please go to the My Profile tab and select Edit Community Profile, then add your first name to the real name field.  Thanks.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,651 posts

Posted April 06 2010 - 10:31 AM

That's a different type of change than I was thinking of.   /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Cees