Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Wasp Woman (1960): Which Version?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted April 04 2010 - 01:08 PM

Want to pick up a copy of The Wasp Woman for someone, but not sure which of the many DVDs out there to buy.  Does anyone know if one version is significantly better than the others, or if one is particularly bad?  I know it's a public domain title, so I'm not expecting a Criterion-type release, but I would like to get the best of the lot.  Thanks!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Sparks

John Sparks

Screenwriter

• 1,006 posts
  • LocationMenifee, CA

Posted April 04 2010 - 02:52 PM

Drive-in Discs Vol.2, Giant Gila Monster/Wasp Woman
...retired at last...and Ray Harryhausen at my side!!!

My HT equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB PJ(Avical ISFd); 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panny BD30 Player; Tosh HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers(center, towers, rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TWC HD Cable Box; Panamax Line Conditioner.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,109 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted April 05 2010 - 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by John Sparks 

Drive-in Discs Vol.2, Giant Gila Monster/Wasp Woman
Agreed, if you can find a copy of the Drive-In Discs Volume 2.  It is the best transfer I have seen out there.  Although the Marketing Materials are much better than the actual film is.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users