Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Emergency: Does anyone have the Director's Cut of Commando?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   StephenAlto

StephenAlto

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted April 03 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hi. I have an "emergency," the kind only you guys would agree is an emergency. I'm trying to get my hands on the Director's Cut DVD of Commando. None of my local video stores have that version and neither does NetFlix. 

What I'm most curious about--and perhaps if someone on the boards here has this DVD, he could take a listen and let me know--is: Does director Mark Lester discuss the "beating the guy with his severed arm" myth? I've heard it was in the script; that it was suggested by Arnold but nixed by Lester; that it was shot but then cut...Does he shed any light on this?

(It happens in the film around the 1 hour 17 min mark. He chops the guy's arm off but just drops it to the ground after that.)

And why do I need to know ASAP? That's a long silly story, but suffice to say I'd like to refer to this scene and that myth in a blog post I'd like to write tonight, and I want to get my facts straight. If someone could tell me the gist of what Lester says, then I could figure out what to do after that.

(Why, oh, why isn't the Director's Cut out on Blu-Ray. This would be a no-brainer situation!)

Thanks!

Stephen
if you'd like to read my ramblings on film and music, check out
http://peelslowlynsee.wordpress.com/