Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Adam-12 Season 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,101 posts

Posted March 30 2010 - 03:25 PM

Confirmed on the Shout board that it will be released in August!

Five down, two to go.  

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,205 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted March 30 2010 - 03:30 PM

Wow.

At this rate, and assuming Dragnet '68 does well, we could be seeing all three major Mark VII shows being complete on DVD around mid-2011.

Adam-12 even making it to season 5 is a big turnaround from just a little less than two years ago, when we had season one and nothing else.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Rodney

Rodney

Supporting Actor

• 536 posts

Posted March 31 2010 - 07:52 AM

Great news! I cannot wait for more Adam-12! This season has a crossover with Emergency, according to IMBD. Does anyone know if Reed and Malloy were in any of the Emergency eps?

-Rodney

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted March 31 2010 - 08:27 AM

That's the episode already included as a bonus on one of the Emergency sets. Jim & Pete appear on the Emergency pilot and a later show where Adam-12 is now a tv show that they're watching and Johnny obsesses over when they're called away on a run before the episode ends. Think those are the only two.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,101 posts

Posted March 31 2010 - 11:06 AM

And all of that shows the lack of consistency in the Mark VII universe in which in the pilot (1) Reed and Malloy are familiar with the Rampart staff to the point where Malloy even tries to coax Dixie McCall into a date, then in the later episode (2) Adam-12 is just a TV show in the Emergency world and then the S5 Adam-12 (3) where Reed and Malloy are getting their first ever exposure to Rampart and don't know the staff from before!     This actually makes the most sense since as LA City cops their jurisdiction wouldn't extend into LA County where Rampart is located (and Gage and DeSoto work for LA County Fire Department, not City of Los Angeles Fire Department)

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,205 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted March 31 2010 - 11:34 AM

Let's not forget that Officer Reed appeared on Dragnet a few months before Adam-12 began, yet in the first Adam-12 episode, Reed was fresh out of the academy.

And, Reed has to have a twin brother on the force, since an undercover officer who looks suspiciously like Reed was a subject of investigation in the first season of Dragnet.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,019 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted March 31 2010 - 11:40 AM

Reed add Malloy aren't familiar with Rampart in the last crossover? I thought it was just Jim Reed being unfamiliar with Malloy's new girlfriend and the suicide prevention center set up inside Rampart that she runs, that Pete was introducing him to and showing him, not the hospital as a whole.

I've said it before, but I'm happy they took libertys with the episode where Station 51 is watching Adam-12 and they have to leave before the end of the episode during a cliffhanger and Johnny obsesses over finding out how it ends. Was a fun episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P View Post

And all of that shows the lack of consistency in the Mark VII universe in which in the pilot (1) Reed and Malloy are familiar with the Rampart staff to the point where Malloy even tries to coax Dixie McCall into a date, then in the later episode (2) Adam-12 is just a TV show in the Emergency world and then the S5 Adam-12 (3) where Reed and Malloy are getting their first ever exposure to Rampart and don't know the staff from before!     This actually makes the most sense since as LA City cops their jurisdiction wouldn't extend into LA County where Rampart is located (and Gage and DeSoto work for LA County Fire Department, not City of Los Angeles Fire Department)

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,101 posts

Posted March 31 2010 - 12:09 PM

On Reed and Malloy not being familiar with Rampart in the last crossover I was going more by how they seem to be meeting Dixie McCall for the first time in contrast to how Malloy clearly had a past friendly relationship with her in the Emergency pilot.

Of course one can look at other inconsistencies in the Mark VII world when comparing the 50s and 60s Dragnet.   The 60s Dragnet purposefully ignored Friday's promotion to Lieutenant at the tail end of the 50s run (Jack Webb had always regarded it as a failed ratings gimmick and also noted that most detective lieutenants don't get to do field work).     The "Dragnet 1966" pilot movie did acknowledge the existence of Friday's 50s partner, Frank Smith but as the series progressed one had the sense that Bill Gannon had been his only partner all these years (of course Gannon was in all respects a new, slimmer version of the Frank Smith character from the 50s).

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,347 posts

Posted October 02 2010 - 04:26 AM

i have S1-5 of Adam-12 and love this show. I hope Shout Factory releases the remaining seasons in 2011. I love to complete this set. I have some favourite episodes, like the one that crosses over to an emergency episode when Gage go on a call and do not get to see the ending.