-

Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Press Release: Tombstone (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted March 29 2010 - 02:08 PM

Posted Image
 Studio
Touchstone Home Entertainment 

Story:

A sizzling, star-studded cast brings to life the legendary battle to deliver justice to Tombstone
available for the first time on Blu-ray™ High Definition! Kurt Russell turns in a gripping performance as 
U.S. Marshall Wyatt Earp and Val Kilmer ignites the screen as the outrageous Doc Holliday.  Together, 
they team up to bring law to the lawless in a notorious showdown with the ruthless outlaws at the O.K. 
Corral! The all-star ensemble also includes Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Dana Delany, Jason Priestley, 
Michael Biehn, and long-time Hollywood favorite Charlton Heston.  Get ready for an explosive, action-

packed adventure the Wild West would never forget! 

Bonus Features 
 The Making of Tombstone – Featurette in three parts: “An Ensemble Cast,” “Making An 
Authentic Western,” and “The Gunfight At The O.K. Corral.”  
 Director’s Original Storyboards 
 Theatrical Trailers, Teasers and T.V. Spots 

STREET DATE:  April 27, 2010 
Direct prebook:   March 2, 2010 
Suggested retail price:  $29.99 US; $35.99 Canadian 
Rated:    ‘R’ US; ‘14A’ Canadian 
Run time:   approx. 130 minutes 

The following technical specifications may only apply to feature: 
Aspect ratio:    2.35:1 
Video:     1080p 
Sound:    English 5.1 DTS-Master Audio; French and Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital 

Subtitles:    English ESL & SDH, French, Spanish

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,704 posts

Posted March 29 2010 - 02:49 PM

Come on BVHE do this one justice!

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. 

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,542 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 29 2010 - 11:51 PM

I'm your huckleberry...

I am really looking forward to this one.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted March 30 2010 - 12:23 AM

Definite buy as long as they don't pull a Gangs of New York on us.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,207 posts

Posted March 30 2010 - 03:29 AM

I'm going to be very skeptical about the quality of this release until we start seeing some reviews. Tombstone's track record on home video is abysmal. Call me cynical, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they simply recycled the old master for the Blu-ray. Come on Disney, prove me wrong! 

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,015 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 30 2010 - 04:24 AM

It would be nice if they included the Director's Cut via seamless branching. I'd like to think they've learned from the Gangs of New York fiasco in terms of PQ, but this will be strictly wait-and-see for me.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,704 posts

Posted March 30 2010 - 04:40 AM

Given the stated 130 minute running time on the press release, I'm not holding out much hope for this. As others have said, let's just hope this doesn't get the initial BD of Gangs of New York treatment and I'll be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H 

It would be nice if they included the Director's Cut via seamless branching. I'd like to think they've learned from the Gangs of New York fiasco in terms of PQ, but this will be strictly wait-and-see for me.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   media-junkie

media-junkie

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted March 30 2010 - 05:36 AM

If this is the theatrical edition I don't plan on purchasing this release. If touchstone cannot give consumers the director's cut then it's not even worth purchasing this release.

I'm so sick and tired of studios not releasing the extended versions of movies. This is so pathetic that studios cannot ever get it right. DVD and Blu-ray are the best format for releasing the unedited versions of these movies and they still continue to shaft consumers. 

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 30 2010 - 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina View Post

As others have said, let's just hope this doesn't get the initial BD of Gangs of New York treatment and I'll be fine.

Considering they spent the time and money on releasing a new Gangs Of New York disc, I don't think they'll be repeating that mistake.