What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-30-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]--The following Blu-rays are on sale @ Target (Titles Shown and Selected Others):

$9.99: American Gangster, 2010, Serenity, Hellboy II, Death Race, Blow, Super Troopers, Edward Scissorhands.

$13.99: The Matrix, Gran Torino, Watchmen, (500) Days of Summer, Whip It, Amelia, Night at the Museum[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)], Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs[/COLOR].

--Target also has some great TV on DVD season sets on sale (Titles shown and selected others):

$14.99: Family Guy: Volumes 3-7, How I Met Your Mother: S 1-4, Big Bang Theory: S 1-2, Friends: S 1-10, Two and a Half Men: S 1-6, I Love Lucy: S 3-4, 30 Rock: S 1-2, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: S 1-4.

$17.99: Glee: V1, Monk: S8, Gossip Girl S 1-2, Burn Notice S 1-2, Sons of Anarchy S1, House: S4, Weeds S 1-5, Mad Men S3.

--Target also has a bunch of Disney titles on DVD for $13.99: Jungle Book, The Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty, Ponyo, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Up, G-Force.

--Target Odds and Ends: a list of $6.99 kids' titles (including Coraline, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Curious George 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, The Penguins of Madagascar, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.) There's also a list of $7.99 Easter-themed DVDs.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

Save $6 When You Buy Any 2 Of These Disney Movies $19.99 each
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
Snow White
G-Force
Up

TV On DVD

$19.99 each for each 2-pack:
Coach seasons 1-2
Law & Order: Criminal Intent seasons 1-2
The Starter Wife season 1 and miniseries

[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Blu-ray:

Save $15 When You Buy Any 2 Of These Disney Movies $29.99 each
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
Snow White
G-Force
Up

$9.99 each:
Pandorum
Ocean's Thirteen
Transporter
Be Kind Rewind
The Mask
[/COLOR]

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

$6.99 each:
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Monsters vs. Aliens
The Penguins of Madagascar
Coraline
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Madagascar 2
Curious George 2

$7.99 each
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Easter Chipmunks
Dora the Explorer: Egg Hunt
The Easter Bunny
Easter with so and so
Elmo's Easter?

$13.99 each:
The Princess and the Frog
Jungle Book
Sleeping Beauty
Ponyo
Snow White
Up
G-Force

TV on DVD:

$14.99 each:
Family Guy volumes 3-7
How I Met Your Mother seasons 1-4
The Big Bang Theory seasons 1-2
Friends season 1-10
Two and a Half Men seasons 1-6
I Love Lucy seasons 3-4
30 Rock seasons 1-2
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia seasons 1-4

$17.99 each:
Glee volume 1
Monk season 8
Gossip Girl seasons 1-2
Burn Notice seasons 1-2
Sons of Anarchy season 1
House season 4
Weeds seasons 1-5
Mad Men season 3

[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Blu-ray:

$9.99 each (and others)
American Gangster
2010: The Year We Make Contact
Serenity
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Death Race
Blow
Super Troopers
Edward Scissorhands

$13.99 each (and others)
The Matrix
Gran Torino
The Watchmen
(500) Days Of Summer
Whip It
Amelia
Night At The Museum
Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs

[/COLOR]

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
[COLOR= rgb(0,0,255)]--The following Blu-rays are on sale @ Target (Titles Shown and Selected Others):

$9.99: American Gangster, 2010, Serenity, Hellboy II, Death Race, Blow, Super Troopers, Edward Scissorhands.

$13.99: The Matrix, Gran Torino, Watchmen, (500) Days of Summer, Whip It, Amelia, Night at the Museum[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0,0,255)], Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs[/COLOR].

Thanks as usual for the update Mike! No love for Sherlock Holmes this week...$25! I'll wait for it to go on sale or pick it up used. Some great sale titles at Target! Serenity, Death Race, Gran Torina, (500) Days of Summer all great picks for the price. I enjoyed Whip It too. I've seen a lot of Fox BD titles heavily discounted a few weeks after release lately.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week. Sherlock Holmes was a fun movie and worth a rental if you haven't seen it.

Thanks for the prices, guys! [/url]

That was an awfully fast price drop for Pandorum.

How about Mad Men: S3 DVD? It came out last week and was about $30 everywhere. Now, it's on sale for $18.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I totally missed that. My eyes are only looking for BD deals these days and not DVD. But, yeah, that was a faster price drop. :)

Originally Posted by TravisR

How about Mad Men: S3 DVD? It came out last week and was about $30 everywhere. Now, it's on sale for $18.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Nothing for me either. I liked Sherlock Holmes but not near enough to buy it. I would've upgraded Alice In Wonderland if there were a blu ray release. Disney has no plans for it this year not even as a tie in when the live action Alice comes out. Bummer.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I think I can wait on Sherlock. I still didn't pick up Mad Men season 3 or The African Queen from last week. Oh, and that stupid New Moon (for the wife, honest) is still hanging over my head!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Alvin and the Chipmunks for the little one who has been talking about since he saw it at Christmas and has declared it his favorite movie.

And Abbott and Costello for me! I'll be picking this up at Best Buy which means it won't be on the shelves and I'll have to ask, and the clerk will stare at me blankly and ask "Abbawhat?"

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In case anyone's interested: the three PotC movies on BD are listed as $14.99 in BB. One of my local stores still had the steelbook versions. They rang up as $34.99, but the $14.99 was confirmed and I got the override. Might not work for everyone, especially if your media department/manager knows anything about BD's. But I was lucky. They also have a pretty decent assortment of BD's for $9.99, including The Phantom, The Mask, Blow, Clear and Present Danger, Sum of All Fears, Patriot Games and a bunch more.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paul D G

And Abbott and Costello for me! I'll be picking this up at Best Buy which means it won't be on the shelves and I'll have to ask, and the clerk will stare at me blankly and ask "Abbawhat?"
Just stand in the aisle at Best Buy and yell "Hey Abbott!" at the top of your lungs. See what happens.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Does anybody know the content of the comic book included in Target's edition of Sherlock Holmes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks