Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What Happened to Tremors on blu-ray?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,398 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 25 2010 - 05:02 PM

It had a release date and now I see it's in the TBA category.  Crap.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,043 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 01:22 AM

I don't remember hearing about a release date for Tremors.  What was it, and where did you hear about it?

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,398 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 03:02 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw here on the HTF.  I thought I saw it on the HTF release schedule, but now it shows at TBA.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   media-junkie

media-junkie

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 03:16 AM

I have to agree. There has never been an announcement for Tremors on Blu-ray. There are many who have been asking for the movie series to be released on Blu-ray yet Universal has to make any kind of announcement. What you may be referring to is the TV series. There was some indication, when Tremors the Television Series was originally announced for release, before it was delayed, that the series would be released to DVD and Blu-ray.

Fans confuse the movie series with the television series.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 04:27 AM

The title was announced by HIGH DEF-DIGEST a while ago....just before the release date it was moved to "Release dates pending."  Too bad, i was really looking forward to the title.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,305 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 26 2010 - 04:42 AM

There's another DTV sequel coming this year http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345730/

They're probably gonna time them together.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,398 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 04:43 AM

Drat!  I just watched Tremors in HD (HDNet  maybe?) and it was beautiful.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 26 2010 - 05:05 AM

I remember seeing an April release date on it at one time.  Not sure what happened to it.

#9 of 14 ONLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,297 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 06:18 AM

I'm glad I hung onto the HD-DVD.

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,398 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

I remember seeing an April release date on it at one time.  Not sure what happened to it.
Yeah, that time period sounds right.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,748 posts

Posted March 26 2010 - 05:05 PM

The HD-DVD of TREMORS is simply the worst "High Definition" disc release-  outside of a few upconverts*- that I've ever seen.  To say it looks terrible is an understatement.  The massive amount of digital filtering applied along with thick, THICK edge-enhancement is disgusting.  Hopefully this "delay" means that universal is actually doing a new scan of the film, although given their track record I doubt it.

Vincent

* Although to be honest, I actually think some upconverts-  the Studio Canal HD-DVD of THE FOG for example-  look better than the atrocity that is TREMORS on HD-DVD.

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,075 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 27 2010 - 04:41 AM

Obviously you haven't seen Koch's release of Gulliver's Travels. Next to that, Tremors looks like it was filmed yesterday.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,748 posts

Posted March 27 2010 - 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H View Post

Obviously you haven't seen Koch's release of Gulliver's Travels. Next to that, Tremors looks like it was filmed yesterday.
My comments have nothing to do with whether TREMORS "looks like it was filmed yesterday", it has to do with the HD-DVD being an utterly atrocious looking digital mess that I hope Universal doesn't transport to Blu-ray.  And no, I haven't seen that much reviled GULLIVER'S TRAVELS Blu-ray, and even if I did it wouldn't make the HD-DVD of TREMORS any less awful.

Vincent

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,046 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 27 2010 - 07:02 AM

The BRD release of Tremors was this spring, but it never became available for preorder by any of the retailers.  Something obviously, came up in preventing it's release.

As far as the HD DVD of the same title, let's just say my negative opinion of the disc isn't as strong as the previous poster even though, I agree to a certain agree with his criticisms.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing