-

Photo

Buying 3-D Glasses?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,257 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 23 2010 - 03:44 AM

No, not the new lcd shutter glasses but the funky ones with colored lenses.  I've got 2 blu's that have 3-D versions using that technology, Coraline and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I've watched Journey in 3-D  and I was pleasantly surprised how good it looked.  I'm making no claims it was as good as in the theater (it wasn't), but for me, it was worth watching this way.

When I looked on Amazon I  found I could buy better versions of these glasses, some were clip-ons, which would be more comfortable for me since i wear glasses.  Than I discover not all glasses have the same color,  The ones for my two movies are magenta and green.  However I see red and cyan (blue-green) also.  In fact there are some glasses out there labeled Polar Express 3-D and they are the red and cyan.

Jeez, can't these guys come up with a standard and stick to it?  I know, silly question.  I'll look around to find a set of clipons for both types, since I will probably at some point have a movie needing the red and cyan.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,923 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted March 23 2010 - 04:50 AM

I've ordered 3D anaglyph glasses from this site before with good results.  They have virtually every style/color combination available from cheapo paper ones to nicer plastic frames.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted March 23 2010 - 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

Jeez, can't these guys come up with a standard and stick to it?
The "better" color combinations are probably patented. It's also possible that some colors may work better for different material.

"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody