-

Photo
- - - - -

Bulb Life??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted March 22 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hi, I have a Sharp XR10XL I use for my PC monitor and it is a nice having a rather large screen.. Now I have a Question about using the Bulb After the Hours are used on it..

What I did was Reset the Hour counter on the Projector and it fired back up and looked like a new Bulb nice bright image.. Now I was reading in the manual that this is NOT reccomended to do this and the bulb can either burnout or Explode?? I was wondering How much more use could I get out after I reset the Hour Counter and reusing the old bulb which still works but not sure for how long??..

I had already used 2500Hours on it, its Life Expectancy but it still works??Should I chance using it till it burns out or just get a new bulb for it??
"IF the Facts don't Fit the Theory Change the Facts"    Albert Einstein

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted March 23 2010 - 04:42 AM

Umm Sorry I posted in the wrong section can a Mod move this to the Projector Seciton Please ;)
"IF the Facts don't Fit the Theory Change the Facts"    Albert Einstein

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 19 2010 - 08:00 PM

If you are happy with the current picture (not too dim), then I would use it until the picture becomes too dim or it burns out.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted April 20 2010 - 12:49 AM

The listed lifespan is time to a reduced performance level (brightness), not MTBF. (mean time between failures) I have an InFocus projector. Some users have reported lamp life near 10,000 hours, 4x normal.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted April 20 2010 - 12:31 PM

in some of my experience, bulb-life is related to the number of power on/off cycles almost as much, if not more than, the number of hours on the bulb itself.  So if you tend to run the lamp for, say 4-hours at a clip, then you might get, say, 25% more hours before failure than someone who runs it for 90-120 minutes at a time.

(all of the numbers are "out of thin air," and have nothing to do with reality, but are for example purposes only.)

Leo

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 957 posts

Posted April 20 2010 - 02:42 PM

The engineer that helped design the InFocus 4805 stated that they estimated that each strike of the lamp was equivalent to 2 hours of usage.