Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Blind Side

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,065 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted March 22 2010 - 09:29 AM

http://static.hometh...atar-60-2.jpg">

The Blind Side

Directed By: John Lee Hancock

Starring: Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron, Kathy Bates, Jae Head, Lily Collins, Ray McKinnon, Kim Dickens, Adriane Lenox

">

Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#2 of 7 Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,172 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted March 22 2010 - 09:52 AM

My wife just saw this on her flight to the east coast, and absolutely loved it. So much so, she doesn't mind watching it again with me (she knows how much I adore Sandra Bullock).

#3 of 7 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,077 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted March 22 2010 - 02:14 PM

Was never a big Sandra Bullock fan until I saw her in this.  She really hit it out of the ballpark IMO. Nailed the character and really gave her a rich inner life.  You saw everything she thought and felt flash through her eyes, even when she had no lines.  I've known a few of these women, and it was eerie how she nailed it.  The movie itself was a little too "cute" for me, but I did love Sandra. 

#4 of 7 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 22 2010 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMor 

Was never a big Sandra Bullock fan until I saw her in this.  She really hit it out of the ballpark IMO. Nailed the character and really gave her a rich inner life.  You saw everything she thought and felt flash through her eyes, even when she had no lines.  I've known a few of these women, and it was eerie how she nailed it.  The movie itself was a little too "cute" for me, but I did love Sandra. 
John:  That was very much my experience. 

My wife will vouch for me that when the credits were rolling in the theater I turned to her and said Sandra Bullock probably won herself the Academy Award for this film.  I thought she was amazing.  I also used the phrase that she just "nailed the character." 

Very much looking forward to revisiting this film on Blu-ray. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 7 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,547 posts

Posted March 24 2010 - 12:10 PM

Thanks, Ken. And all other commenters here.

I had not seen this film in the cinema (do I ever lately?) and had not heard much about it, except for the Academy Award. Unlike some of you I always liked Sandra, but I wasn't ready to decide if this film (mainly about a football player, as I understood it) would be for me.

But you've convinced me, and I ordered the BD. Will be the first time we'll see the movie.

Cees

#6 of 7 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,862 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 25 2010 - 10:41 AM

A lot has been said about Sandra Bullock's performance in the last few months, and it is an excellent performance. Generally, I judge the quality of a performance by whether or not I forget who I'm watching. That happens a few times in this film with Bullock's performance. What should also be said is that Tim McGraw's performance stands up to Bullock's in every way. I can't stand the guy's music, but the way he quietly inhabits the role of patriarch in the Tuohy family without drawing unnecessary attention to himself makes me think he should do this acting thing more often.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#7 of 7 David_Jr

David_Jr

Supporting Actor

• 600 posts

Posted March 29 2010 - 12:24 AM

Really enjoyed this one.  Fantastic.  Even though I pretty much knew the story and the outcome ahead of time, I couldn't take my eyes off of it.  Very compelling experience.
Dave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users