Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Connections on Sony DVD Recorder

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   billVonr

billVonr

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 20 2010 - 03:19 PM

I am trying to record Formula One races with a DVD recorder (Sony GX-257). This model does not have a tuner, so I'm using my VCR for that function. I set the timer to record this past weekend's race on the SPEED Channel, but the machine shut down just as the recording started.

I called Sony tech support & they say I need a cable set top box to do timed recordings (This TV is cable ready, so I run the wall cable directly to the VCR, then use AV cords to make the Yellow/Red/White connections to the DVD recorder).  I have never had problems with recordings on my VCR, nor have I needed a cable box to do these recordings.

I have been able to DVD record other TV programs on the major networks & other channels (DISC, History, etc), but not on SPEED.  Additionally, I have recorded previous races on SPEED with my VCR with no problems whatsoever.  Is Sony giving me a line of bull here? I called Comcast & they say there is no protection signaling involved -- only premium and Pay-Per-View channels are subject to protection signaling

Who's telling the truth here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users