-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

USHE Announcement: Darkman (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,285 posts

Posted March 17 2010 - 11:45 PM

Promotion: Darkman Blu-ray Release
Headline Date: TBA
Release Date: 6/15/2010

DARKMAN

Product Source: Theatrical
Theatrical Studio: Universal
Theatrical Release: 8/17/1990
Synopsis: Liam Neeson and Frances McDormand star in this explosive, action-packed thriller from director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Dr. Peyton Westlake (Neeson) is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in synthetic skin when his laboratory is destroyed by gangsters. Having been burned beyond recognition and forever altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake becomes known as Darkman, assuming alternate identities in his quest for revenge and a new life with a former love (McDormand).

Blu-ray Widescreen (61112448) : Disc 1 (Side A) 
 Format: Blu-ray UPC: 0-2519-20499-8-9
 Unit Type: Standard Number of Media: 1
 Street Date: 6/15/2010 PreOrder Date:  
 Run Time (HH:MM): 1 Hour 36 Minutes  
 Language: English Disc Type: BD-25 (Single Sided)
 Packaging: Snap Case Layers: Single
 Audio:English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles: English SDH

Edition: - Picture: Widescreen
 Version: - Color/B&WCOLOR 
 Rating: R CARA Rating: -
 Bonus Features: • My Scenes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 3 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,926 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 18 2010 - 03:53 AM

This is as barebones as the HD DVD (which was one of my 5 free) and will likely be a port of that transfer with a bump up to DTS-HD MA. I'll pass until my HD-A30 craps out.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 3 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted March 18 2010 - 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H 

This is as barebones as the HD DVD (which was one of my 5 free) and will likely be a port of that transfer with a bump up to DTS-HD MA. I'll pass until my HD-A30 craps out.
If this is indeed a BD-25 as listed, then it's even worse. The HD DVD was a 30G disc. Following the usual Uni practice with these ports, to make room for the lossless track and fit the whole thing on less digital real estate, image detail will have to be sacrificed.

But I'm sure the lossless fanatics will be happy.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists