Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony DVD Recorder Connections

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 billVonr

billVonr

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 15 2010 - 08:53 AM

I'm having some connection issues and hope that somebody on this forum can help.

I have a VCR & TV hook-up in a den that does not use a cable set-top box (since the TV is cable ready, I see no reason to pay for extra rental equipment).  I run the cable through the VCR (Coax IN from the wall, Coax OUT to the TV) so I can record TV programs if I want.

A friend has asked me to record Formula One races for his son who has some disability challenges, and he has provided me with a DVD recorder (Sony GX257) for this purpose.  Since this model does not include a tuner, I am using my VCR for this purpose.  The connections are as follows:

Coax Cable from the wall --> Coax IN on the VCR
Coax Cable OUT from the VCR --> RF IN on the TV

A/V Cables OUT from VCR --> A/V Cables IN to DVD Recorder
A/V Cables OUT from DVD Recorder --> A/V Cables IN to TV

Connections seem to work fine -- I can see the DVD Recorder from my TV (On Line 1 setting).  When I set the DVD Recorder timer to record the race Sunday, it didn't record -- rather, the DVD recorder shut down.  It appears there must be some kind of copy guard signal or connection involved with the SPEED channel, since I have no problem recording TV programs off the major networks with the DVD Recorder.  By the way, I've recorded previous SPEED channel races with my VCR without any problems.

I suppose I could record the race first to a videotape in the VCR, then re-record it to a DVD, but that seems very inefficient.  Is there another type of equipment connection that could resolve this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Billvonr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users