What's new

Any Seattle area members up for a get together? (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Next time round, Adam, count me in. Or if this one is gonna take place late in July, I'm game. I'm moving to Lynnwood next week. Leaving Detroit on Tuesday and when I get there, I get there. (Of course, not after July 19, when I start my new job. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif )

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
I'm in the Bothell/Lynnwood area. Lets see if we can reel any others in.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Detroit to Lynnwood. Thats a move!

We haven't done it yet, just gathering interest. Between home repair/renovations, comic-con and a family vacation I'm probably not available until mid August if I host, sooner if someone else does. I also used to have some contacts at the Magnolia Design Center. They have a "nice" $300k theater. I could look into that. Either way it looks like we have a decent amount of interest, we should start thinking about setting a date.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yep, it's a move alright. 35 hours, 2300-ish miles. And I'm moving my stuff by myself. Thankfully, it's not much.

Aside from a wedding I'll be coming back to Michigan for in August, I'm free. I doubt my new apartment neighbors would like any movie blasting through the stereo, though...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I'm gone for part of August and the front of my house is still torn up but getting better. Lets shoot for something in late August or early September when the weather is still nice. Maybe a BBQ and a movie?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Aside from the weekend of August 13, I'm here. As long as I have an address the GPS can find, I can get anywhere. /img/vbsmilies/htf/tongue.gif

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Your GPS will get you close. Google maps can't decide if it likes me or not. Some months I check and its correct, others its not. Bing maps has been right on as of late. Either way I am 5 minutes from the Alderwood Mall on the East side of the freeway, and you are in Lynnwood so even if you get lost, you would have to get REALLY lost to miss the party /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif.

I talked to Cameron and he is free the weekend of August 28th and the weekend of September 11th. Still need to run those dates past the calendar in my wife's head....

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam, I SO know where Alderwood Mall is. Even without the GPS!

Funny aside (at least for me): a while back I lived on a street no online map could find. Mapquest insisted it didn't exist even though it had been paved for 10 years minimum. I had to give people directions on how to find the house whenever they came over.

Anyway, back to planning the meet up...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
OK based on availability its looking like Saturday September 11th, exact start time TBD. As we get closer we can figure out if we want to do just do pizza, or put together something a bit more "formal" (BBQ?). I'm open to all ideas and suggestions. Kevin Collins is on tap to attend as well. He is both ISF and THX trained (by Gregg L no less!) in video calibrations and could probably give us a basic lesson on how to get the most out of a calibration disc if we wanted or we could just watch movies. Spouses/sig other welcome, just let me know ahead of time for headcount. Theater seats 9, but there are other activities to amuse as well if we go over (pool table, wii, xbox, etc).

So far we have:
Me
Jason
Kevin
Cameron
Colin

I've got room for a few more so if anyone else is interested speak up!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron Yee
Wow. No pressure. :)
Well, got home to find my laptop, 46 inch TV, PS3 and 290+ BD's gone. Someone broke in through my bedroom and grabbed everything when I was at work. After filling out a police report, nearly going ballistic and deciding on a course of action, I headed to Best Buy for a computer and receipts. One of my tires blew out on the way. Waited for the AAA guy to come and fix it.

This has not been a good day.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Very sorry to hear that Jason. Hope things are recovered or at least insurance does right by you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks