What's new

Breaking Bad Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Thanks for the reminder. With a lot of stuff in midseason, I had forgotten about this as well.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Probably the best show on TV right now.

Big fail on Directv's part STILL not having AMC HD. Looks like yet again I'll have to resort to other (illegal?) means to get my Breaking Bad fix in HD.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I was actually a little disappointed in tonight's premiere. I mean, I realize that they have to get everything set up again after it all came crashing down in the finale, but I expected a little better. It was still good, but I expected great.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was getting a "Heathers" vibe during the high school school grieving scene, and then Walt got the mic...

At least the pollo loco guy has an angle to work to get Walt on board.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I just installed my new 47" flat screen and it was great to see this in HD. It was a decent episode and the gym scene was cringe worthy. The season previews look great and the Mexican brothers? look to be interesting as well.

I don't think we've seen the last of the Pollo chicken guy either.

Sort of an off topic question. I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD dvr box. We were watching and recording the new discovery series Life (great to watch for a new HD user) and recording Breaking Bad in HD at the same time. I figured we would watch a little more of Life and then switch over to Breaking Bad so we can skip the commercials.

When I went to switch to BB, the screen was black. Life was still recording and the DVR said that BB was recording but I couldn't see anything.

I stopped the Life recording and was able to watch BB in HD after that, but not after my wife got po'ed and went upstairs to watch - lol.

Anyway, is there a limitation on what you can record and watch with HD? In SD I was able to record two shows and watch one, or record two shows and watch another recorded show.

I checked the boxes documentation but couldn't find anything regarding the HD recording.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed the premiere a lot. My jaw about hit the floor when Skylar just came out and said, "You're a drug dealer." And then again when Walt actually told her it was Meth.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

My jaw about hit the floor when Skylar just came out and said, "You're a drug dealer."
Eventhough it should be somewhat obvious (with the little she knows about Jesse and that Walt managed to pay for his cancer treatment), I was shocked that Skyler knew or that they made her character smart enough to know and forward enough to just say it.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Just an excellent episode. I JUST got caught up on this series and my wife and I are loving it. What a great, creepy way to start the show with people crawling on the ground like that.
There is some really great acting in this show. The drug head honcho that owns the chicken store...cant recall his name...wow is he ever good. His stillness is so good and unsettling to watch. I wonder if he is involved with the 2 Mexicans or is that something seperate?
I never thought I would be watching a show and cheering for a drug dealer...uh...I mean manufacturer. I really wanted Walt to take the deal and go work for the three months.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGillivray

I really wanted Walt to take the deal and go work for the three months.
I'm sure he will. Poor Jesse.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Scott McGillivray ">[/url]

I really wanted Walt to take the deal and go work for the three months. [/QUOTE]Haha, my friend and I were discussing that last night. The consensus was that we'd both have done it, especially with how professionally things went with the chicken place's manager.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Another great episode. Just loving this series. The pizza...I really want to hear the audio commentary on that one. Was that really planned or was it a case of the director just going along with a happy coincidence that the pizza went on the roof? Amazing how often that happens while filming.

So, who is pulling whos strings? The Chicken man (can never remember his name) has the ability to call off hit men that, apparently, were tied to Tuco's Mexican connections. And the "cleaner" for Saul Goodman has direct connection to the Chicken Man?

Not a revolutionary episode, but did move the story along a bit. I like that Jesse is back at the house. I feel for the parents since they have only really been trying their best to raise their son. However, I LOVED the scene with Saul "negotiating" the purchase of the house.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode.

I liked Saul explaining the facts to Walt regarding his wife going to the police. And Walt saying that he wasn't worried about that, he was upset that he lost her. Saul just says something like "yeah that's terrible as well."

The previews look awesome. I think they showed a full season premier, can't imagine that much happening on next Saturday.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I always refer to him as the "restaurant guy", but I think chicken man is better.

I definitely feel for Skyler, trying to hold it together, even with her son hating her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks