What's new

Samsung Announces 3D Blu-ray players (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
SAMSUNG Announces Pricing and Availability of 2010 Blu-ray Player Lineup 2010 Models Set New Standards for 3D Playback, Innovative Design and Energy Efficiency RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J., March 9, 2010 – – Samsung Electronics America Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced the U.S. availability and pricing of its ground breaking 2010 lineup of Blu-ray players, beginning at $179.99. As announced at CES, the BD-C6900, winner of the 2010 CES Best of Innovations Award, leads the lineup, featuring built-in 3D playback. For design and performance-conscience consumers, the BD-C7500 is the slimmest Blu-ray player to date, with a nature-inspired, contemporary form factor. Meanwhile, the BD-C6500 offers both performance and speed with faster disc load and boot up times, while the entry-level BD-C5500 features an eco-design. Samsung’s Blu-ray lineup will be on public display at the Samsung Experience, located at The Time Warner Center in New York City beginning March 9, 2010. Series/Model Estimated Selling Price Availability BD-C5500 $179.99 March 2010 BD-C6500 $249.99 March 2010 BD-C6900 $399.99 March 2010 BD-C7500 $349.99 1st half BD-C8000 $499.99 June 2010 “Our new Blu-ray players provide a superb entertainment experience with innovative style elements that complement many of our latest HDTVs,” said John Revie, senior vice president of Home Entertainment for Samsung Electronics America. “This line up delivers on our commitment to a total solution for home entertainment, including 3D capability, and we’re excited about providing a wide range of options for everyone.” Premium HD Experience Packed into the Slimmest Form Factor: BD-C7500 The Samsung BD-C7500 offers a multimedia experience that goes well beyond traditional Blu-ray players. A CES 2010 Innovations Honoree in the Video Components product category, the BD-C7500 is Samsung’s slimmest Blu-ray player on the market at 1.1 inches. The super-slim, stylish device features an elegant nature-inspired wood design coated with jewel-like gloss. It is designed to be wall-mounted, or comes with a wedge stand and can be placed on a 40-degree angle or placed flat. It includes a motorized front panel, wireless dongle, 1GB of embedded memory, and two- channel analog out. The BD-C7500 features improved disc load and boot up times, while the 1080p playback reproduces movie images at 24 fps without need for up-conversion, resulting in a natural on-screen motion. Liberating Content with 3D Playback: BD-C6900 With the BD-C6900, entertainment enthusiasts can enjoy 3D content on their Blu-ray player, enhanced with multi-channel HD surround sound. Samsung provides consumers with a way to immerse themselves in the entertainment experience and watch their favorite 3D titles from the comfort of their homes. The player is compatible with Samsung’s new 3D HDTVs, liberating content for the TVs by adding a new dimension to home entertainment. True in its commitment to elegant design, Samsung delivers the BD-C6900 in a slim form factor and a transparent cover that allows the consumer to see the disk spin as it plays. It includes built-in Wi-Fi, 1GB embedded memory, 1 USB port, and 7.1 channel analogue out. Fast Performance, Quality Entertainment: BD-C6500 With fast 15-second disc loads boot-up times, the BD-C6500 is one of the quickest Blu-ray players in the market giving consumers more time to relax and enjoy their favorite movies in high-definition. Another CES 2010 Innovations Honoree, the player features enhanced Blu-ray disc playback using Samsung’s Adaptive Servo Technology (AST). All of this is packaged in a slim and sleek design and includes built-in Wi-Fi ability, 1GB embedded memory, 1 USB port, and 7.1 channel analogue out. Affordable, High Performing: BD-C5500 The BD-C5500 is designed for those who want a high-performing Blu-ray player with advanced multimedia features at an affordable value. It includes a turbo engine for fast booting and loading and is Wi-Fi ready (separate purchase of Samsung Wi-Fi USB dongle required) providing consumers with access to apps based content services so they can surf the content of their DLNA devices or the diverse entertainment options via Internet@TV. It also includes two USB ports and Full Screen, which allows you to expand HDTV images from 21:9 formats to 16:9 screen size at the touch of a remote button. Connected TV and Samsung Apps With a focus on connected entertainment, the BD-C6500 and models above include built-in Wi-Fi support. Consumers are also able to access Samsung’s upgraded Internet@TV feature for the first time on all Samsung Blu-ray players via their wireless/broadband connection, even if they do not have a Samsung HDTV. New for Internet@TV this year is Samsung Apps, providing consumers with an expanded, easy to navigate selection of content and applications from leading services like The Associated Press, Netflix, Pandora, Twitter, USA TODAY, and Vudu. Applications can be downloaded and viewed all while watching TV. More than 20 will launch by the end of March free of charge, with more to come. Greater Energy Efficiencies Consistent across all of the 2010 Blu-ray player models is a commitment to green technology. Each player has improved energy efficiency through technologies such as loader duty control, low voltage spindle motor, and analog video detect, which contribute to a reduced power consumption of 13W during disc playback, and just 0.1W in stand-by mode. The players are all compliant to EnergyStar® 2.0 guidelines. Samsung’s press releases, video content and product images are available at www.samsung.com/newsroom. *Apps vary by Model and Product. See product for specific availability. About Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., markets a broad range of award-winning, digital consumer electronics and home appliance products, including HDTVs, home theater systems, MP3 players, digital imaging products, refrigerators and washing machines. A recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology, Samsung is the HDTV market leader in the U.S. Please visit www.samsung.com for more information.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'm really anxious to see what this stuff looks like in person, but as an aside...

I wonder how many people will be disappointed when they get it home and discover that the 3D images don't actually extend beyond the physical borders of the TV screen, as it is so eloquently depicted on the rear box art of the 3D starter kit (and just about everywhere else 3D is advertised)...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jason,

Not sure if you were being tongue-in-cheek with that remark.

The image does extend beyond the boundaries of the TV screen.

There are moments where a finger, arm or even a bouncing
paddle ball will come directly out of the TV screen into the face
of the viewer.

The technology, as it stands now, is very impressive. Most
people who have seen it want one of these displays in their home.
Can you just imagine the entertainment value of being the first
to have 3D in the home?

We are still working on completing our coverage mainly for the
fact that we have some personal issues with the technology.
There seems to be noticeable ghosting in the 3D images that
at this point we are uncertain is related to the displays or the
authoring of the BD software.

In other words, right now, we don't think the technology is
refined enough to make 3D in the home the perfect viewing
experience.

More to come over the next few days.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Ron,

I was not being tongue in cheek in the manner that you thought I was. I am familiar with the effect of 3D. In fact, as a software engineer for a company that produces software specifically for the eyecare industry, I've even worked in creating 2-color anaglyph 3-D images from stereo image pairs, and created interactive software applications that, when used while wearing anaglyph glasses, allow the user to manipulate objects in 3D space.

What I was referring to in the image above was the character's head that protrudes beyond the top of the screen. The advertising "message" that I feel the packaging conveys is "In 2D you wouldn't see her head, but thanks to the magic of 3D you can see her in all her glory". We all know that any onscreen image that is effectively cropped by the physical left/right and top/bottom of the screens will still be cropped at the same point when viewed in 3D, albeit they will appear at whatever "depth" the 3D effect will produce. I was referring to the fact that there is no magical mechanism that can enable a TV to produce an image beyond the edges of the actual screen.

Granted, it's impossible to truly convey the effects of 3D on a 2D package (what would be the point of all that expensive new equipment?) so the natural approach is to "fake it" and depicting depth is best done by breaking the physical boundaries of objects within the screen.

As an engineer, I guess I'm just wired to nitpick when things of a technical nature aren't depicted in a manner that's totally congruent to actual use cases.

I have been following the development of 3D for the home with great curiosity and agree that it's a bit early to seriously consider making the jump with all the technical question marks still floating around. It's definitely something I'll be keeping my eye on, and will try to check out in person at a showroom near me one of these days.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jason,

Ah, gotcha. You have a very interesting background and
look forward to your future contributions on this subject.

BillMike

Auditioning
Real Name
BillMike
Granted, it's impossible to truly convey the effects of 3D on a 2D package (Discount tiffany jewelry?) so the natural approach is to "fake it" and depicting depth is best done by breaking Gift the physical boundaries of objects within the screen.

zhu2012

Auditioning
Real Name
Dieselzhu
Yellow stone diesel parts plant is one of the leading manufacturers
of engine parts, in particular diesel fuel injection system
accessories for replacement, such as Fuel injection Nozzle, Plunger and
Delivery valve, ETC In south of china .

for more detail please visit our website : www.yellowstonediesel.com
www.dieselinjection.cn

Yellow stone diesel parts plant was founded in 1997.Over the years,
Yellow stone has grown and gained a reputation for producing
high quality products and delivering them on time.
105015-5860
105015-5860
105015-5940
0 433 171 134
0 433 171 137
0 433 171 146
5611065 H60S30A538
5611650 BDL110S6133
5611735 BDL110S6267
6801082 6801082
6801087 6801087
6801088 6801088
DN10PDN130
DN0PDN121
HL176S27D525P2
2418455518 2455-518
2418455714 2455-714
9401087506 9087-506
134151-4120 P121
134151-4920 P129
134151-6420 P143
NOZZLE DENSO 093400-7690 DN10PDN129
NOZZLE DENSO 093400-7700 DN10PDN130
NOZZLE DENSO 093400-8220 DN0PDN121
131110-9320 131110-9420 131160-0320

haris2paul

Auditioning
Real Name
Haris Paul
http://www.simonsezit.com/learn-microsoft-office-2010-training-tutorials.html/

Thanks for posting it.It is very important.

c17ross07

Auditioning
Real Name
Celine ross
quite expensive but I guess it is great...samsung is good I think ...some of the things that I use to have are from samsung and it works well...

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
[SIZE= 14px]Samsung recently introduced the BDC-5900, a 3D Blu Ray player at a lower price point (About $210 street price). It lacks a few features of the 6900, primarily built-in Wi Fi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]MSRP on the 6900 is now $349.[/SIZE]

RCGoodin

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick Goodin
I just received the Samsung Blu-ray BD-C6900 player with my Samsung 8000 3D TV and starter kit. I also purchased 3 - 3D videos from from Amazon.

One of the vids is Blu-ray and it views great. The other two vids are not Blu-ray and I can't seem to get them to work. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting on the player or the TV that I should be aware of to get these to work? Is Samsung proprietary to Blu-ray only?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

(Edited by moderator to remove extra formatting codes that prevented the message from displaying properly.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks