Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Princess and the Frog (Combo Pack)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,047 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 05 2010 - 02:56 PM

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,861 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 05 2010 - 03:50 PM

Thanks, Matt.

This will be a blind buy for me.  My faith in Disney animated features has been shaken in recent years.  But, this seems like a return to earlier form...so I'll be giving it a try.  I just couldn't work up the desire to see it in the theater...but I've been looking forward to a spin at home. 

It is fun that Jim Cummings is involved in this film.  I didn't realize that. 

Glad to hear the home presentation is getting such high marks. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,511 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 17 2010 - 04:21 PM

I have only watched a little of the movie and it looks wonderful.  When watching "Magic in the Bayou", there are several excerpts from movies that have been released in HD, they show horrendous jaggies.  It's a very jarring effect when compared to the rest of this special feature.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,784 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 18 2010 - 03:45 AM

I noticed that the 1-disc BD doesn't mention the commentary track on the cover, but the DVD edition and the combo pack do.  It's not left off the 1-disc, is it?

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,140 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 18 2010 - 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I have only watched a little of the movie and it looks wonderful.  When watching "Magic in the Bayou", there are several excerpts from movies that have been released in HD, they show horrendous jaggies.  It's a very jarring effect when compared to the rest of this special feature.

I noticed this too. It seems like a flagging error when inserting the original footage and actually makes the footage look worse than SD.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert