• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 of 63 OFFLINE   spawndude

spawndude

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted June 03 2011 - 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Neil Brock 

Speaking of CBS/Paramount series, I don't know if any of you get this new ME-TV national feed, but they are running CBS and FOX shows exclusively and my sources have told me that almost all of the shows they are airing are running complete and uncut. Among the shows they are airing which are either not on DVD yet or are stalled, are the following:

Beverly Hillbillies, Cannon, Streets of San Francisco, Dobie Gillis, Gunsmoke (both the 1/2 hours and color hours), My Three Sons (traditional syndication package without the first 5 black and white seasons & last season and a half), Bob Newhart Show, Petticoat Junction, Rawhide, The Untouchables, Stagecoach West, 12 O'Clock High, Big Valley, Bilko, Car 54, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Bonanza. They are also running The Odd Couple and it might be interesting to see when they get to the later seasons if the music edits are restored for broadcast. They also have Branded and Guns of Will Sonnett but those are the same cut 16mm transfers that Timeless released so we can't upgrade anything there. Also, among the shows which they have the rights to but are not on the schedule yet are Mod Squad, The Millionaire, The Rebel and Batman.

Many of these are either done on DVD or we won't see them come out for a long, long time. And others, like Dobie Gillis and The Millionaire, I don't think we'll ever see. So crank up those DVD recorders!

I have Suddenlink. Chances of getting METV are nil. Now , if it were sports related........

#42 of 63 OFFLINE   Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 316 posts

Posted June 03 2011 - 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by spawndude 

Who is Madman?

It's an Australian DVD company.  Rawhide is released by ViaVision, which is somehow affiliated with Madman:

http://www.viavision....au/tv?start=28

#43 of 63 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted June 04 2011 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Guy Foulard 

It's an Australian DVD company.  Rawhide is released by ViaVision, which is somehow affiliated with Madman:

http://www.viavision....au/tv?start=28

Can anyone who has seasons 5 and 6 confirm that all the episodes are there? Season 4 was missing an episode and I was hoping that it may have been included on the season 5 set. Unfortunately the listings for these don't tell you which episodes are on. Thanks!

wes

#44 of 63 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 04 2011 - 12:49 PM

I hope the 7th Season is released soon, because along with Season 8 (the one in which Rowdy Yates started his own cattle drive after Gil Favor called it quits) I've seen just one or two episodes each from.  The 7th year has the most impressive opening:  with statuette busts of Eastwood and Fleming in the opening credits!  The final season has an improved version (remix) of Frankie Laine's theme but visually is less impressive with an animated opening of the cattle.

To Wes:  All of the episodes are there on all of the sets released so far.

#45 of 63 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted June 04 2011 - 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Executive 
To Wes:  All of the episodes are there on all of the sets released so far.

Jeff - thanks for that. Do you know if the missing Season 4 episode ('Abilene' mentioned on the first page of this thread) is on any of these sets?

#46 of 63 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by westumulka 

Jeff - thanks for that. Do you know if the missing Season 4 episode ('Abilene' mentioned on the first page of this thread) is on any of these sets?

It should be.  The cover art reads "The Complete Fourth Season".
"Abilene" was the season finale, where they reach the end of that particular cattle drive.

#47 of 63 OFFLINE   Kruzer31

Kruzer31

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 01:08 AM

The "Abilene" episode was included in the the Season 5 set, it is on disc 8.

#48 of 63 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 03:15 AM

It should be. The cover art reads "The Complete Fourth Season".

------------------------------------------

Thanks, Doug. I actually have the season 4 set (where it most definitely should be there, but is not). Unfortunately you cannot always go by the press releases for dvd sets, but I am happy it was included on the later set.

#49 of 63 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 05:44 AM

OK, I wasn't aware that was put on the 5th Season set here in the U.S.

The Australian release had it on the 4th Season set, which is what I was referring to.

#50 of 63 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 07:18 AM

OK, I wasn't aware that was put on the 5th Season set here in the U.S.

The Australian release had it on the 4th Season set, which is what I was referring to.

Oh dear. I am referring to the Australian season 4 release - I have it in my hands right now and the episode 'Abilene' is not there.
It might be the case that they reissued the set with that missing episode on, but as Doug mentions it is on the Australian Season 5 release.

#51 of 63 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 09:59 AM

Oh dear. I am referring to the Australian season 4 release - I have it in my hands right now and the episode 'Abilene' is not there.
It might be the case that they reissued the set with that missing episode on, but as Doug mentions it is on the Australian Season 5 release.

My mistake then.  :)  Then it must be the American release that has that episode where it should be.
I've seen most of these episodes before and that includes all of the early years.   So I didn't buy any of these for my collection.

Why did the Australian release mess that up, delaying that particular episode to the volume after it?

#52 of 63 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 10:26 AM

My mistake then.  :)  Then it must be the American release that has that episode where it should be.
I've seen most of these episodes before and that includes all of the early years.   So I didn't buy any of these for my collection.

Why did the Australian release mess that up, delaying that particular episode to the volume after it?

CBS/Paramount are just about to release Season 4 Volume 1 this week in the USA, so the episode will be on the second volume (and no release date for that yet, I believe). With the Australian release it just seemed to be an omission (although an important one!). It's mentioned a couple of times on the first page of this thread.

#53 of 63 OFFLINE   mustang

mustang

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 02:46 AM

Just Found Another Mistake, The First 4 Episodes Of Series 5 Disc 1 Are  Incident Of The Portrait,  Incident Of El Toro, Incident Of The Hunter, Incident Of The Cactus Wells, While Portrait And Hunter Are In The Wrong Order The Incident Of El Toro Is Episode 26 In Season 6, It Would Be Interesting To Find Out How They Could Make a Mistake Like That.

#54 of 63 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by mustang 

Just Found Another Mistake, The First 4 Episodes Of Series 5 Disc 1 Are  Incident Of The Portrait,  Incident Of El Toro, Incident Of The Hunter, Incident Of The Cactus Wells, While Portrait And Hunter Are In The Wrong Order The Incident Of El Toro Is Episode 26 In Season 6, It Would Be Interesting To Find Out How They Could Make a Mistake Like That.

The order for much of this series doesn't really matter is why.  "Incident of El Toro" I remember from watching in the 90s on the fX channel. It was filmed in 1962, which would be early in the 5th Season.  CBS delayed its original airing until early 1964, which is late in the 6th Season.  The only thing different between many of the seasons was the opening visual during Frankie Laine's theme song.

The first noteable exception is the 3-part story arc in the middle of the 3rd Season when the drive ends, and Favor travels by railroad back East to Philadelphia to reunite with his ex-wife and their two daughters.   There were some years when the season finale was when the drive reaches its destination.  WAGON TRAIN did a much better job in that department,  as its season premieres always started in St. Joseph, Missouri and the finales reached Sacramento, CA.  RAWHIDE travelled from Sedalia to Abilene.

The short 8th Season of RAWHIDE (late 1965), meanwhile, is really the one to see in order after the first 7 years, which still had Clint Eastwood but not  Eric Fleming with new regular drovers added (played by Raymond St. Jacques and starting in the second episode John Ireland), but then there were plenty of individual episodes before that when Rowdy temporarily took over the herd from Gil Favor.

#55 of 63 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 01:40 AM

Quote:

The short 8th Season of RAWHIDE (late 1965), meanwhile, is really the one to see in order after the first 7 years, which still had Clint Eastwood but not  Eric Fleming with new regular drovers added (played by Raymond St. Jacques and starting in the second episode John Ireland), but then there were plenty of individual episodes before that when Rowdy temporarily took over the herd from Gil Favor.

I'm not sure how I'll respond to that 8th season once it rolls around (whether that be via CBS/P in R1, the R4 sets, or by capturing the show off Encore Westerns).  I'm not a fan of cast changes at all and so I might just stop at Season 7.  I'll want to see a few episodes before I commit to an entire season (even a shortened one).

Gary "just glad these are still coming in one form or another" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#56 of 63 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted June 08 2011 - 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gary OS 

I'm not sure how I'll respond to that 8th season once it rolls around (whether that be via CBS/P in R1, the R4 sets, or by capturing the show off Encore Westerns).  I'm not a fan of cast changes at all and so I might just stop at Season 7.  I'll want to see a few episodes before I commit to an entire season (even a shortened one).

I would get it just for Eastwood!  RAWHIDE worked just as well without Eric Fleming.  Somehow I don't think Eric turning up as the lead guest star on an episode of BONANZA that season (and a 2-part BONANZA the following year) had anything to do with RAWHIDE's lower ratings.

There are several reasons to respect Clint Eastwood, and one of them is he sticks with something to the end.  Even with this TV series between seasons he went to Spain to work on the first 2 Fistful of Dollars movies for Sergio Leone......only to come back and keep doing RAWHIDE until it was cancelled.

Fleming didn't renew his TV contract. So what happened? A year & 1/2 after quitting this show and working with Doris Day in "The Glass Bottom Boat", he drowned making an obscure adventure film in Peru.

#57 of 63 OFFLINE   mustang

mustang

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted August 01 2011 - 02:02 AM

Well Its Finally Arriving, Madman Are Releasing Season 8 Of Rawhide On 5th October,Dont Remember Seeing The Show Without Gil Favor.

#58 of 63 OFFLINE   JohnHopper

JohnHopper

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted August 07 2011 - 04:03 AM

Madman Releasing Rawhide Season 7 August 3rd Cant Wait, Only One To Go Now.

Do you know if Madman includes English subtitles, please? Thanks.

#59 of 63 OFFLINE   westumulka

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted August 07 2011 - 04:14 AM

Do you know if Madman includes English subtitles, please? Thanks.

Having just checked a couple of these sets they unfortunately do not have any subtitles, sorry.

#60 of 63 OFFLINE   gray old mare

gray old mare

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 02:31 PM

I am so happy that the 6&7 season will be release this year .I have the other seasons and have been waiting so long for the new ones. I don't care about season 8 ., because when eric fleming was gone I didn't watch it. I loved Gil Favor and still do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users