-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

God of War III

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Peter-PP

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted March 02 2010 - 03:25 AM

I have never played GOW before but the newest up coming sequel looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it! Any GOW fans here?

#2 of 14 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,128 posts

Posted March 02 2010 - 01:29 PM

The first two are excellent, I strongly suggest buying the PS3 compilation and playing them before playing 3.  It literally picks up right where 2 leaves off.

#3 of 14 Peter-PP

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted March 03 2010 - 12:29 AM

Thanks! I'll try and get them but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

#4 of 14 Peter-PP

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted March 03 2010 - 01:19 AM

DId a search and finally found one.

#5 of 14 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,128 posts

Posted March 03 2010 - 11:43 AM

Did you get the PS3 compilation or 1 and 2 separate for PS2?

#6 of 14 Peter-PP

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted March 05 2010 - 01:23 AM

I haven't bought it yet but I'm planning on getting the compilation remade in HD for 30 bucks.

#7 of 14 Todd smith

Todd smith

Supporting Actor

• 645 posts

Posted March 06 2010 - 08:55 AM

Definitely play 1 and 2 first. I just recently played these for the first time (the collection in HD) and these are 2 fantastic games.......3 should be even better!

#8 of 14 Steve Y

Steve Y

Supporting Actor

• 704 posts

Posted March 07 2010 - 06:15 AM

Definitely finish the first two. They hold up very well... I envy someone who has three GOW games in a row ahead of them to play for the first time. Still, GOW3 game makes me wish I had a PS3.

#9 of 14 Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted March 16 2010 - 12:21 PM

I tried the demo for the PS3.  I cant put my finger on it.  I just didnt care for it.  I really loved the first God of War game.  I played it through to the end.  This one, while it certainly looks sharp, just feels like more of the same.  I guess I was just hoping for something a little different or varied from the last one.  Or I am just old and don't like this sort of game anymore.  (But I really enjoyed Batman: Arkham!)
Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#10 of 14 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 15,991 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 16 2010 - 02:11 PM

Just unboxed my copy and popped it in.

GOW3 has now changed the 'Time To Crate' Metric and beaten it with the TTWS: Time to Wilhelm Scream.

There's a great Wilhelm not 15 seconds into the game =)
http://en.wikipedia..../Wilhelm_scream

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#11 of 14 Raymond_H

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 244 posts

Posted March 16 2010 - 07:53 PM

Played a couple of hours today and beat the first 2 bosses.

Just judging sorely on graphics and presentation - there is nothing that I have seen from a console that comes close. Visually the game is on a different level imo.

Gameplay wise, while yeah its basically the same formula as the first two - thats what you sorta expect right? The game is very fluid and the visuals definetly improve the gameplay experience here.  The new moves are fun and add a new element instead of just doing Square, Square, Triangle (repeat) like in the previous 2 games.

The boss battles that I have done are just breath-taking and honestly I felt my money was well worth spent just based on those 2.

#12 of 14 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 16 2010 - 09:47 PM

I just got done playing Chains of Olympus--my first GOW game--and I was a little surprised that there was only one sex scene, early in the game.  Is it more frequent in the others, or is that always all there is to it?  I've watched the scene with Aphrodite on gametrailers and it's quite something.  

#13 of 14 Phil Carter

Phil Carter

Second Unit

• 324 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted April 27 2010 - 01:37 AM

Greg, there's one sex minigame in each of the three GoW games. The Aphrodite one is a little more, um, involved than the first two were (but then again, GoW III is all about involvement and "bigger and better").

My own thoughts on this game are that it's marvelous. The graphics are fantastic. I do wish they hadn't changed a few of the gameplay elements (grab animations automatically targetting the largest enemy instead of letting you aim the grabs at the character you actually WANT, for example), and Chaos Mode will make you want to throw controllers, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun and it's really epically impressive. Have played through it probably five or six times on Titan and Chaos difficulties since release day and it's still entertaining.

"I should never have written all of those tank programs."
-- Kevin Flynn, "Tron"
** My DVD / Blu-Ray collection; profile by DVD Profiler **

#14 of 14 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 29 2010 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for the info.  Any more than that and it'd probably be overkill, and it looks like the latest one goes pretty far as it is.