What's new

Favorite Paramount Film Quote Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
[COLOR= #ff0000]Note: this thread was originally used for a contest. There are a lot of good quotes here so I am renaming the thread and reopening it for non-contest participation.[/COLOR]
List one of your favorite quotes from a Paramount movie along with the title of the movie its from.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Alright guys it's down to week three. There are going to be four winners this week so your odds are even better. Good luck!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Ferris Bueller: "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
-- Ferris Bueller's Day Off

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/287506/htf-blu-ray-review-ferris-bueller-s-day-off

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Owing to what has to be a record-breaking brain fart (I believe it registered on instruments at the USGS), I somehow managed to quote a favorite line from a movie produced by someone other than Paramount. Please excuse the monumental stupidity. )

Anyway, the recent passing of Peter Graves got me to watch Airplane! for the first time in awhile, and here's a line I'm pretty sure hasn't been quoted yet:

"Give me Ham on five, hold the Mayo."

And here's a link to an HTF review.

RIP Mr. Phelps.

Regards,

Joe

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
from Duck Soup (1933)... Mrs. Gloria Teasdale (Margaret Dumont): "I’ve sponsored your appointment because I feel you are the most able statesman in all Freedonia." Rufus T. Firefly (Groucho Marx): "Well that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You better beat it, I hear they’re going to tear you down and put up an office building where you’re standing. You can leave in a taxi; if you can’t get a taxi, you can leave in a huff; if that’s too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know you haven’t stopped talking since I came here; you must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle." http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/183297/first-time-watching-duck-soup

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
"Those aren't pillows!" from Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Full passage:
Two men are spooning in a motel bed. (If you haven't seen the movie, it makes sense.)
"Where is your other hand?"
"Between two pillows."
"Those aren't pillows!"

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Jason Charlton ">[/url]

Indiana Jones: "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." -- Raiders of the Lost Ark.

[/QUOTE]
I know you're probably doing this from memory (or that you checked it on the IMDB, which also has it wrong), but the actual line is, "It's not the years [i]sweetheart[/i], it's the mileage."

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan

Kirk
: Khan, you bloodsucker. You're going to have to do your own dirty work now! Do you hear me? Do you?
Khan: Kirk? You're still alive, my old friend?
Kirk: Still, "old friend!" You've managed to kill everyone else, but like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target!
Khan: Perhaps I no longer need to try, Admiral.
[beams the Genesis device away]
Kirk: Khan... Khan, you've got Genesis, but you don't have me. You were going to kill me, Khan. You're going to have to come down here. You're going to have to come down here!
Khan: I've done far worse than kill you, Admiral. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her; marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet... buried alive! Buried alive...!
Kirk: KHAAANNNN!
[echo]
Kirk: KHAAANNNN!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Naked Gun.

Frank: Nice beaver!
Jane: Thank you. I just had it stuffed.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/164965/the-naked-gun-trilogy

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks