Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Info on Orson Welles Legend Collection?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 KathyBeck

KathyBeck

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 07:56 AM

I just spotted the Legend Collection on Amazon that feature several Orson Welles movies, including Chimes At Midnight, Magnificent Ambersons, The Trial, Macbeth and a few others. It was released on Tuesday by a company I have never heard of.  Of course I'm skeptical about it, but maybe the transfers are good. Has anyone ordered this?

#2 of 3 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,472 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 25 2010 - 03:52 PM

I would stay so far away from this.  When I purchase THE MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS, it will be from Warners.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#3 of 3 KathyBeck

KathyBeck

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 05:10 PM

I agree with you. The reason I was hopeful was because I have purchased Othello and Chimes At Midnight on Amazon and they weren't too bad. From Hong Kong, I believe. They weren't wonderful by any means, but I wanted to see them so badly. If this set was of the quality of those I might be interested in at least seeing them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users