Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A-Team The Complete Series Due on June 8th

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 kemcha

kemcha

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 02:51 AM

Read about it here:

http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/13380

Note: Link edited--it had an extra space on the end so it didn't work--Adam

#2 of 27 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,764 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 04:33 AM

I'm definitely re-buying this set - I already have the series on DVD but some of the discs are scratched to hell and back and won't play anymore...glad they're using single-sided discs this time. A replica of the van would be awesome for the packaging

#3 of 27 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,564 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 04:51 AM

Nice move Universal.  They seem to be the only studio that in consistent with these complete series sets.

I'm all over this one.  I can't wait to pre-order it.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#4 of 27 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,193 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 05:40 AM

I don't have any of the seasons yet on DVD, so this is a nice way for me to finally get it all.

#5 of 27 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 24 2010 - 07:23 AM

I'd picture more an ammo box than the van.  Maybe a toolkit since they're always fixing things up, but the connection might be lost.

#6 of 27 kemcha

kemcha

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 07:30 AM

Being that retailers like Best Buy will have it for around $100, I'll most likely purchase it ... all single sided  DVD's, awesome.

#7 of 27 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 06:01 PM

While it might not be the same exact packaging , if you have a region free dvd player,amazon uk has it available now !!!For less than 98 dollars shipped !!!!

At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#8 of 27 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 24 2010 - 07:30 PM

And it's an ammo box!  I must have seen that one and forgotten about it.

#9 of 27 Lynette J

Lynette J

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted February 24 2010 - 07:38 PM

I must have this!  Can't wait for them to reveal the box art!

#10 of 27 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 24 2010 - 11:01 PM

This one's very tempting but it'll be a tough call since I'm one that bought all of the original DVD-18 season sets.  I haven't pulled out those sets in a while to check for any DVD-18 "rot" issues but I remember when I watched S1-4 sets, I had a few places with momentary pixteling and a couple of skip spots on the discs.

I'm happy for those that held off and waited for the complete set.  I hadn't seen this show until I watched it on DVD's and it was one of my best blind-buys in my collection.  I knew of the show back in the 80's but didn't watch it for one reason or another....busy watching other things or sports.

This one may be a rare double-dip for me if I can get the price below $100 for the set.  I see the poster's Amazon UK info but I'd like to get the R1 set since we have a choice of R1/2 for this one.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#11 of 27 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 12:00 AM

I have all the season as well, and so far no problems on the double-sided dvds.  I am up to season 3 I believe. 

#12 of 27 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,378 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 04:17 PM

Lookee, lookee!  I was right, it WAS the van! 

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/ATeam-The-Complete-Series/13392

Rockin'...

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#13 of 27 kemcha

kemcha

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 05:11 PM

Dave, with all due respect, THAT PACKAGING CAN SUCK MY WHITE BEHIND.

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!! LEAVE IT TO UNIVERSAL TO SCREW UP THE PACKAGING FOR THIS SET. I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO PURCHASE ANY OF THESE COLLECTOR'S OR GIMMICK PACKAGING SETS.

I'M STICKING TO MY DOUBLE SIDED DVD SETS.

#14 of 27 MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,474 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 05:44 PM

I also hate these gimmick packages.  What I'd like to see instead is the use of a standard box with thincases housed within whatever outer gimmick package they want to use.  That way, it could still be marketed as a "limited edition", and consumers would then be able to store the discs in the traditional manner if they wanted.  It's possible this A-Team package is designed that way, but we'll have to wait for more package details. 

#15 of 27 kemcha

kemcha

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted February 25 2010 - 05:58 PM

Exactly. Why can't they use standard DVD packaging, like Miami Vice and just use pics and images of the A-Team and whatnot? This is why I do not purchase any of these complete sets. The only two I have ever bought have been the Miami Vice set and the Northern Exposure set.

#16 of 27 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 25 2010 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lambert ">

Lookee, lookee!  I was right, it WAS the van! 

http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/13392

Rockin'...

Yes! 

Well guys, as one that almost never double-dips, this one's going on my shelf :)  All I'll need is a price in the $100-125 orbit.

Dave, I still remember your classic early-season TSoD post yeas ago....

"I pity the fool that doesn't check out Season X release!"

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#17 of 27 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,764 posts

Posted February 26 2010 - 12:50 AM

To each his own, but why the hate towards the van design? Is it a space issue? I can't imagine anyone who's a diehard fan of the show not wanting this sucker - my only concern is that it looks like cheap cardboard and too boxy. A near-exact replica of the van would have been better but probably more expensive. Regardless, this is a day-one purchase for me.

#18 of 27 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,378 posts

Posted February 26 2010 - 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis 

Yes! 

Well guys, as one that almost never double-dips, this one's going on my shelf :)  All I'll need is a price in the $100-125 orbit.

Dave, I still remember your classic early-season TSoD post yeas ago....

"I pity the fool that doesn't check out Season X release!" /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif">
12/26/04 headline: "I pity the fool that doesn't plan to buy Season 2!"  Then, of course, the following October was "Shut up, fool! A-Team - Season 3 Has Been Announced!"  <br /></span>
<br />
And Jeff, did you see the price at Amazon via the pre-order button just above the package art?  It's $104.99 at the moment...in your orbit!<br />
<br />
<br />
Quote:<div class=
Originally Posted by Luisito34 

To each his own, but why the hate towards the van design? Is it a space issue? I can't imagine anyone who's a diehard fan of the show not wanting this sucker - my only concern is that it looks like cheap cardboard and too boxy. A near-exact replica of the van would have been better but probably more expensive. Regardless, this is a day-one purchase for me.
I don't understand the hate, either.  It looks awesome to me. Okay, I get it that there's some concern about what is inside the van: will it be a digipak, some thincases, or what?  But look, y'all are jumping to conclusions about what's inside.

Besides, read my story again: this is a LIMITED EDITION release, done in time for the remake film's theatrical release.  Betcha some of Mister T.'s gold chains that when the remake film gets released for DVD, Universal also re-releases The Complete Series with an "unlimited" standard-box release, so you can probably just wait for that if you prefer.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#19 of 27 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted February 26 2010 - 01:57 PM

LOL..the GMC Van Packaging is pretty dope. But they need to seriously lose the image on the side window of BA. I mean you look in the front window he staring out at the road. Then from the door POV he is mugging for a paparazzi photo or telling col. decker off. Unfortunately,  I already have S1-S4 and S5 is not the A-Team in my view. It certainly is tempting though, very tempting. 

#20 of 27 kingfish

kingfish

Supporting Actor

• 971 posts

Posted February 27 2010 - 01:13 AM

I also have all the dvd-18 sets. It would have been nice if the studio offered an incentive program such as giving credit for previously purchased sets. It would have also been nice if the studio put this out as single season sets with single sided discs. Seasons 1 and 5 of the A team were released that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users