What's new

Looking forward to next!!! (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. . . We had the big news about Tales of the Gold Monkey yesterday (and I pre-ordered mine--actually two copies. One for me, and another for a friend who was an Indiana Jones fan, but never saw this series).

So . . . . what other things are we crossing our fingers for?

I think Streethawk was also mentioned last fall.

I'm looking forward to news on Ellery Queen and When Things Were Rotten, per reports last fall from tvshowsondvd.com. . It may be awhile, but good things come to those who wait, and nothing if you don't.

Hopefully there will be a Saturday Morning in the Seventies volume 3 sometime, somewhere. . . Maybe . . . .

I really want that great theme to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids (animated) preserved on DVD, Addams Family (animated --seventies), Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, and Harlem Globetrotters.

The next DC film will be the Tales of the Red Hood animated film . . . That'll be out this summer.

For sixties programs, I really hope High Chapparal, Garrison's Gorillas, and Twelve O'Clock High make it out.

And some other shorter-lived programs from the seventies--eighties.

What are you waiting for?

James

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
My most wanted yet to be released onto DVD TV show is Starman. I only see this happening if a company like Shout! licenses it from Sony. I would also like to see Shout! or some other company license the short lived Jennifer Slept Here from Sony.

The finally official word of the region 1 release of Tales of the Gold Monkey leads me to believe that anything is possible.

dan august
angie
ellery queen,jim hutton series
barnaby jones,season 2
cannon,season 3 vol.1
when things were rotten
trapper john MD
vegas season 2 vol 1
McClains Law
harper valley PTA
it takes a thief
the invisble man,david McCallum series

strike force

making a living

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
So . . . . what other things are we crossing our fingers for?

What are you waiting for?

Continued releases of the following: The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Green Acres, Mister Ed, Rhoda, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, Mama's Family, Perfect Strangers, Growing Pains, DuckTales, and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.

Releases of the final seasons of both The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Mork and Mindy.

Releases of The Wonder Years, Step By Step, Life with Lucy, The Brady Brides, The Bradys, The Golden Palace, Three's a Crowd, The Ropers, and Sanford.

77 Sunset Strip
Surfside 6
Hawaiian Eye
Bronco
Lawman
Sugarfoot
Dobie Gillis
San Francisco Beat, AKA The Lineup
Ben Casey
The Nurses
The Defenders
East Side/West Side
The Detectives
The FBI
To name just a few.......

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
Coronet Blue
Then Came Bronson
Ellery Queen (Jim Hutton series)
Kojak
Spenser For Hire

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to Rhoda: Season Two, MacGyver: The TV Movies and hoping for some of the following to come next:

Danger Bay
MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis/Trail to Doomsday (Hopefully this will follow I Love Lucy: The Movie and Other Rarities and finally receive a separate release.)

Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (with the original broadcast music)
Early Edition: The Third Season (with the original broadcast music yet again, possibly the Rod Serling ending from "Hot Time in the Old Town" included)
Peacemakers
Flash Forward
Mysterious Ways
Jake 2.0 (with the original broadcast music)
Legend (with the Crash Test Dummies song intact)
Promised Land (with the original broadcast music and "Vengeance Is Mine"/"Saving Grace", the final unreleased crossover episodes with "Touched by an Angel" and "Promises to Keep", the concluding episode of "Diagnosis Murder" included)
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1980 TV movie starring Jeff Goldblum as Ichabod Crane)
A&E's Live by Request: Phil Collins
Student Bodies

Really crossing my fingers that something can be worked out for The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis and the remaining seasons of The Fall Guy with the original music intact.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm looking forward to the following R1 and R2 releases coming out soon:

Dynasty: Season Four (R2)
Hawaii Five-O: The Seventh Season (R2)
Hawaii Five-O: The Eighth Season (R2)
Mission: Impossible: The Final TV Season (R2)
Tales from the Darkside: The Third Season (R1)

and the following unannounced R1 & R2 releases:

Law & Order: The Seventh Year (R2) - not yet announced, but recently the BBFC added listings to their website for all 23 episodes

Murder, She Wrote: The Complete Eleventh Season (R2) - seasons 1-10 have been released on Region 2, so the eleventh season should be coming out as well.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Looking forward to:
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: COMPLETE SERIES
THRILLER: COMPLETE SERIES

--both due out later this year.

Hoping for:

T.H.E. CAT
CORONET BLUE
SUSPICION
WAY OUT
THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR
ULTRA Q
PANIC!
MAVERICK
THE WESTERNER
THE IMMORTAL (1970)
BUS STOP
STONEY BURKE
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN
JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN
Q.E.D.
BLUE LIGHT
WORLD OF GIANTS
HARRY O
THE F.B.I.
JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT
BATMAN (hah!)

Hoping for continuation of:

RAWHIDE
DRAGNET
THE FUGITIVE
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS
THE UNTOUCHABLES
SCTV
THE BOB NEWHART SHOW
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA
ONE STEP BEYOND (CBS/Paramount)
BEANY & CECIL
ROUTE 66
LUPIN THE THIRD

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
Allow me to revise and extend my wish list.

Looking forward to:

Perry Mason, Season 5, Volume 1. Scheduled for release on April 20, 2010.

Ellery Queen: 1975-76. With Jim Hutton and David Wayne in a family-friendly take on 1940's style mysteries. John Hillerman guested in eight episodes. A pilot movie and 22 episodes were produced and aired on NBC. Rumored for release in 2010.

Hoping for:

Coronet Blue: Produced in 1965, but didn't air until 1967 as a summer replacement series on CBS. Mystery adventure series with Frank Converse. Thirteen episodes were produced, but only eleven aired. Probably not as good as I remember it, but if whoever owns it will make it available, I'll bite.

The Name Of The Game
: 1968-71. Gene Barry, Robert Stack, and Tony Franciosa were the leads in alternating episodes, playing a magazine publisher and two of his investigative reporters. There were 76 episodes in all, each running 90 minutes. At the time of its production, this was the most expensive series ever made, with high production values and an impressive list of guest stars during its three year run. Produced by Universal, this would make a nice companion piece to the Columbo series that followed.

Then Came Bronson: Michael Parks starred in the 1969-70 on-the-road series: "A man. A motorcycle. And America." The pilot film is available from Warner Archive. Here's hoping the 26 episodes will follow soon.

Banyon: Robert Forster starred in this great 1972 detective series set in 1930's Los Angeles. A pilot film and 17 episodes were produced by Quinn Martin for NBC.

Kojak: Season 1 was released to coincide with the Ving Rhames remake in 2005. Seasons 2 and 3 are available in Region 2 and 4, but in poor transfers of edited syndication versions. What gives, Universal? Here's hoping we eventually see Seasons 2 through 5, plus the TV movies from the late 1980's.

Spenser For Hire: Robert Urich and Avery Brooks, with Richard Jaeckel in Seasons 1 & 2. A total of 65 episodes were released in 1985-88, then Avery Brooks's character of Hawk was spun off into its own show for thirteen episodes in 1989. The four Spenser TV movies from the early 90's are available on DVD. Why not the series?

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Bob, Where did you get your info re: Kojak seasons 2 & 3 being edited and poor quality? I didn't think the releases were coming for another month or so.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Thanks for the info Bob. I checked Amazon UK, and the running times seem to be about right for unedited episodes, but who knows what we'll get. Also, I've not seen a thing re: US releases for seasons two and three.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks