What's new

Growing Pains actor missing (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Walter Koeing's son, Andrew Koeing who played "boner" on Growing Pains has been missing since Feb. 14th.
A friend of his said he was in a depressive state and never made it back from the Winter Olympics.
There has been a report made on TV's The Insider.

Sarah Silverman and Alyssa Milano have been tweeting his whereabouts. Trying to help find him.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Not to downplay the potential tragedy of this story, but I can't help wondering how many calls the family or whoever is getting from people saying "I've seen Boner, he's in my pants uh-huh-huh-huh" or "Boner was with me when I woke up this morning"

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This is a really potentially sad story. The Canadian police are reporting that it has been difficult getting the word out due to Olympics coverage. But they've been getting a lot of reports of sightings recently.

The latest news is that the sightings are leading the police to believe he may simply be lying low in Vancouver.

But Walter Keonig has gone to Vancouver in search of his son who he has reported was very depressed. I hope it turns out well and they find him or he resurfaces.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
According to Trekweb, the Vancouver police may have found his body in the park he loved to go to.

This is bad news, if true. Update: Its now confirmed, suicide.

http://trekmovie.com/2010/02/25/vancouver-police-find-body-they-believe-to-be-andrew-koenig/

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's a real shame. "A permanent solution to a temporary problem." That's easy to say when you're not the one in the depths of depression.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Again, not to downplay the tragedy, but does anyone think that this could prompt WB to release more seasons of Growing Pains

WillG

Senior HTF Member
This story did have some legs. It's probably unlikely, but it's possible that it may generate some interest in the show again.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It is sad. And this is a bigger topic that could be discussed elsewhere in the forum.

That said, depression is such a wide spread ailment. I've heard stories of how difficult it is to live with and deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks